Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > I have a Stihl TS460 cut-off saw and it is very difficult to start.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
edgenet

If you enjoy doing it, It's not work

I have a Stihl TS460 cut-off saw and it is very difficult to start.
Original Message   Oct 13, 2011 5:17 pm
I have a Stihl TS460 cut-off saw and it is very difficult to start once it starts it works perfect. I did replace the spark NO Change, If I pour a bit of gas in the spark plug hole it will start in 4 or 5 pulls. Next I removed and cleaned the carburator and installed a new carb kit. No change. The compression is 90 with the decompression plug pushed in. Any thoughts. Thanks

If you are getting paid for what you are doing No matter how much you Enjoy it,   It's a Job
Replies: 4 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
edgenet

If you enjoy doing it, It's not work

Re: I have a Stihl TS460 cut-off saw and it is very difficult to start.
Reply #4   Oct 14, 2011 2:41 pm
Update: I did take the compression with the decompression valve out and it was 125 this is like new. I also removed and cleaned the ignition coil. Buttom line no change. I am stumped. If money was no object I would buy a new carb. if that did not work then a new ignition coil if that did not work. I have a nice big hammer.

If you are getting paid for what you are doing No matter how much you Enjoy it,   It's a Job
bus708

Reply #5   Oct 15, 2011 10:54 pm
2 cycle engines do not like old spark plugs or poor gas/oil mix. I had hell with mine too. Check your fuel lines for cracks. Change your fuel filter. Mine was sucking air. Clean or replace your exhaust , it can be clogged , that will restrict  flow and cause problems. but in a new spark plug  9 make sure it is gaped properly. Let us know how you make out.
whitetail

Reply #6   Oct 15, 2011 11:56 pm
Check the vacuum ports that feed the carb that are about 1/8" hole .the gasket normally has two holes with one being active. It could be blocked.also once you have it running and warmed up spray some Deep Creep into carb I've had good luck using this Sea Foam in spray can. I do have a Stihl cut off  parts saw not sure of model no, can check if you want.
niper99

Reply #7   Oct 16, 2011 2:52 am
edgenet wrote:
Update: I did take the compression with the decompression valve out and it was 125 this is like new. I also removed and cleaned the ignition coil. Buttom line no change. I am stumped. If money was no object I would buy a new carb. if that did not work then a new ignition coil if that did not work. I have a nice big hammer.

have u adjusted the carb yet??
Replies: 4 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42