Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > help with stalling single stage blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jgreen

help with stalling single stage blower
Original Message   Jan 31, 2005 12:05 pm
I  took out my MTD 4.5 hp two stroke blower to clean up after  the small storm (4-6 inches)  we got hear in MA after the blizzard.    The blower started on the first pull.  I let it warm up a bit on choke then moved it off choke and started clearing the snow.  when the auger was engaged it was running OK  but when the motor was idling it felt like it was going to stall.   I kept the auger engaged and just as I made the last pass  it slowly   lost power and stalled out.  I could get it to restart?   .

I used echo brand oil   mixed 50:1 with new gas.    I noticed while running the machine ,it did back  fire with a spark shooting out of the muffler . this happened a few times.

Also I had lost the rubber disc that covers the sparkplug boot.   I noticed small sparks jumping from the boot to the edge of the cover .   perhaps that caused the Problem?

any thoughts would be a great help.

thanks

John
Scotts 21" self propelled  mower
MTD  4.5 HP single stage snow thrower
Snapper 3 HP single stage snow thrower
Yardman 5HP two stage snowblower
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
buttlint

Re: help with stalling single stage blower
Reply #1   Jan 31, 2005 12:21 pm
Yes.
That is the problem...wire cut and grounding too the frame.
Get rid of that stupid plactic cover, bend the housing around the plug hole away from plug wire, tape up the high tension lead if it isnt cut all the way thru...and put some duct tape over the spark plug hole.HTH
jgreen

Reply #2   Jan 31, 2005 12:34 pm
Ok  Lint, I will try that .   So I should  tape up the wire connected to the boot  right?    then cover the hole with duct tape once the boot is back on the plug.?

John
Scotts 21" self propelled  mower
MTD  4.5 HP single stage snow thrower
Snapper 3 HP single stage snow thrower
Yardman 5HP two stage snowblower
buttlint

Reply #3   Jan 31, 2005 1:43 pm
Yep....make sure the wire is dry.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42