Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > How do you dispose 2-cycle gas/oil mixture after the snow season?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
MN_Runner

How do you dispose 2-cycle gas/oil mixture after the snow season?
Original Message   Feb 16, 2011 6:10 pm
Hi guys,

What is the best/responsible way to dispose remaining 2 cycle gas/oil mixture?  Straight gas is easy, I just pour it into one of my cars. 

Replies: 21 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
rubinew

Re: How do you dispose 2-cycle gas/oil mixture after the snow season?
Reply #21   Feb 18, 2011 8:10 pm
edgenet wrote:
Real easy you have 2 options If your car has half a tank or more just add to your car or add 2 liters (1/2 gallon) of gas to your oil mix gas and use it in your lawnmower. Next time no need to pre-mix buy a turkey baster add straight gas and add 1/2 a shot of oil mix  and stir with the turkey baster take a sample and if the colour is midium blue you are good to go. No need the waste time trying to mix 32-1 or 40-1 or 50-1

I have to disagree with this method. An engine designed for 50-1 will not work properly with ex. 30 - 1. Plugs will foul, engine will stall, hard to start, etc, etc.

I have seen this with my own 2 stroke OPE.

It is OK to be a little off, say 10%, but I would not 'WING IT' Eventually, it will cause an issue!!

aa335

Reply #22   Feb 20, 2011 5:48 pm
MN_Runner wrote:
So Borat,

Are you suggesting that I buy my wife some sexy RED stuff from the Victoria Secret and tell her that I am going to buy a new Toro to match her new outfit?  Sounds like a great idea. Hope it flies.

I haven't seen any Toro that flies, but it sure blows. 

Any luck on persuading the missus on a second snowblower?
MN_Runner

Reply #23   Feb 20, 2011 6:27 pm
No luck so far.  I really need a good training or a book on how to convince your wife that I need another blower.  I could use an advice (or advices) from you, AA335.  If I do get a SS blower, it will be 4 cycle and not 2 cycle.  We are expecting 12-16" of wet snow tonight and tomorrow so it is time for my mighty HS928 (although I am not so sure about that).  I washed and waxed my blower only a week go thinking that the worst is essentially over.
This message was modified Feb 20, 2011 by MN_Runner
Replies: 21 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42