Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > How do you dispose 2-cycle gas/oil mixture after the snow season?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
MN_Runner


Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Joined: Dec 5, 2010
Points: 618

How do you dispose 2-cycle gas/oil mixture after the snow season?
Original Message   Feb 16, 2011 6:10 pm
Hi guys,

What is the best/responsible way to dispose remaining 2 cycle gas/oil mixture?  Straight gas is easy, I just pour it into one of my cars. 

Replies: 14 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
MN_Runner


Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Joined: Dec 5, 2010
Points: 618

Re: How do you dispose 2-cycle gas/oil mixture after the snow season?
Reply #14   Feb 17, 2011 6:36 pm
Maybe as my local Toro dealer wants $549 for a brand new 221Q.  It makes no sense to buy an used 3650GTS for $300.
Bill_H


Location: Maine
Joined: Jan 12, 2008
Points: 354

Re: How do you dispose 2-cycle gas/oil mixture after the snow season?
Reply #15   Feb 17, 2011 10:35 pm
aa335 wrote:
If you get a 2 stroke string trimmer, edger, and leaf blower, you can use the gas mix all year long, no need to worry about disposing of it.  Just a thought. 

No Toro 221Q in your short list?  Everyone who has used the Quick Chute will tell you it's is well worth the extra cost.

And in your chainsaw!

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
aa335


Joined: Nov 29, 2008
Points: 2394

Re: How do you dispose 2-cycle gas/oil mixture after the snow season?
Reply #16   Feb 18, 2011 9:00 am
MN_Runner wrote:
Maybe as my local Toro dealer wants $549 for a brand new 221Q.  It makes no sense to buy an used 3650GTS for $300.


Not a bad price for a new 221Q. Are you getting one this winter? There's still time to tango. :)
MN_Runner


Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Joined: Dec 5, 2010
Points: 618

Re: How do you dispose 2-cycle gas/oil mixture after the snow season?
Reply #17   Feb 18, 2011 4:03 pm
How do you justify (to your spouse) buying another snowblower after buying a Honda snowblower only a few months ago?
borat


Joined: Nov 10, 2007
Points: 2692

Re: How do you dispose 2-cycle gas/oil mixture after the snow season?
Reply #18   Feb 18, 2011 5:44 pm
MN_Runner wrote:
How do you justify (to your spouse) buying another snowblower after buying a Honda snowblower only a few months ago?

How do women justify the necessity for forty pairs of shoes?  

The SS machine is to accessorize your snow removal ensemble.  After all, the Toro is also red.  That alone should sway her.  
MN_Runner


Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Joined: Dec 5, 2010
Points: 618

Re: How do you dispose 2-cycle gas/oil mixture after the snow season?
Reply #19   Feb 18, 2011 6:16 pm
So Borat,

Are you suggesting that I buy my wife some sexy RED stuff from the Victoria Secret and tell her that I am going to buy a new Toro to match her new outfit?  Sounds like a great idea. Hope it flies.

This message was modified Feb 18, 2011 by MN_Runner
edgenet


If you enjoy doing it, It's not work

Location: Toronto
Joined: Nov 27, 2010
Points: 84

Re: How do you dispose 2-cycle gas/oil mixture after the snow season?
Reply #20   Feb 18, 2011 7:26 pm
MN_Runner wrote:
Hi guys,

What is the best/responsible way to dispose remaining 2 cycle gas/oil mixture?  Straight gas is easy, I just pour it into one of my cars. 


Real easy you have 2 options If your car has half a tank or more just add to your car or add 2 liters (1/2 gallon) of gas to your oil mix gas and use it in your lawnmower. Next time no need to pre-mix buy a turkey baster add straight gas and add 1/2 a shot of oil mix  and stir with the turkey baster take a sample and if the colour is midium blue you are good to go. No need the waste time trying to mix 32-1 or 40-1 or 50-1

If you are getting paid for what you are doing No matter how much you Enjoy it,   It's a Job
rubinew


Joined: Dec 30, 2010
Points: 147

Re: How do you dispose 2-cycle gas/oil mixture after the snow season?
Reply #21   Feb 18, 2011 8:10 pm
edgenet wrote:
Real easy you have 2 options If your car has half a tank or more just add to your car or add 2 liters (1/2 gallon) of gas to your oil mix gas and use it in your lawnmower. Next time no need to pre-mix buy a turkey baster add straight gas and add 1/2 a shot of oil mix  and stir with the turkey baster take a sample and if the colour is midium blue you are good to go. No need the waste time trying to mix 32-1 or 40-1 or 50-1


I have to disagree with this method. An engine designed for 50-1 will not work properly with ex. 30 - 1. Plugs will foul, engine will stall, hard to start, etc, etc.

I have seen this with my own 2 stroke OPE.

It is OK to be a little off, say 10%, but I would not 'WING IT' Eventually, it will cause an issue!!

aa335


Joined: Nov 29, 2008
Points: 2394

Re: How do you dispose 2-cycle gas/oil mixture after the snow season?
Reply #22   Feb 20, 2011 5:48 pm
MN_Runner wrote:
So Borat,

Are you suggesting that I buy my wife some sexy RED stuff from the Victoria Secret and tell her that I am going to buy a new Toro to match her new outfit?  Sounds like a great idea. Hope it flies.


I haven't seen any Toro that flies, but it sure blows. 

Any luck on persuading the missus on a second snowblower?
MN_Runner


Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Joined: Dec 5, 2010
Points: 618

Re: How do you dispose 2-cycle gas/oil mixture after the snow season?
Reply #23   Feb 20, 2011 6:27 pm
No luck so far.  I really need a good training or a book on how to convince your wife that I need another blower.  I could use an advice (or advices) from you, AA335.  If I do get a SS blower, it will be 4 cycle and not 2 cycle.  We are expecting 12-16" of wet snow tonight and tomorrow so it is time for my mighty HS928 (although I am not so sure about that).  I washed and waxed my blower only a week go thinking that the worst is essentially over.
This message was modified Feb 20, 2011 by MN_Runner
Replies: 14 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2014 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42