Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda HS928TC Surging

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Hondaone

Honda HS928TC Surging
Original Message   Jan 30, 2005 1:49 pm
I purchased a Honda HS928TC in the fall of this year. The first time I used the machine it was surging alot, so I call my local dealer and they picked the machine up and took it for service. There was a piece of plastic touching the govenor, so the blower couldn't even itself out. But now when I use it, it still surges unless I drive it into the snow. If I only take a little bit of snow it will surge. Could someone tell me if this is normal for this particular machine or if there is something wrong with it. P.S. the HS928TC is the Canadian model for the HS928TA. Also, it is really bad on shear pins???
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
sawme

1Thess 4: 11-12

Re: Honda HS928TC Surging
Reply #1   Jan 30, 2005 2:37 pm

Hi H1

Welcome to the forum. I have an 1132TA that surged due to the carb icing up. It only happened two times before I took it back to the dealer They put an "Anti-icing kit " on it under warranty. Works fine now. It only surged when the outside tempreture was a little on the warm and damp side (26-32f).

The kit is a rubber shield that goes around the carb.
           Tom

Stihl 036/MS-55 YB /Homelite Trimmer/ Troy-Bilt Tiller/ MTD Rider/ Honda HS1132TA
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #2   Jan 30, 2005 4:37 pm
Hello and Welcome,

My 928TA does not surge for me. 

The shear pins are sensitive but they are designed that way to protect the machine and are easy to change.  I too though at times get a little frustrated that they won't take a little bit harder of a hit.

I feel there is a simple problem with the carb like Saw mentioned.  Have your dealer take care of it.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
hickster

Reply #3   Jan 31, 2005 12:43 am
Drain the fuel from your tank and engine using the drain on the bottom of the fuel bowl. Also, clean the strainer (see your manual). Mix up a jug of 87 Octane with some Sea Foam . Your engine will (should) surge no more.

As far as the shear pins, make sure you have the skid shoes and scraper bar set up correctly for your conditions. Again, see your manual. It is very important that you make the adjustments in the sequence the manual says. Do not over tighten the shear bolts, just snug them down. I've broken one at home (a few at work on an HS828TA and an HS1132TA) but always knew why. At the same time, I have chewed up 1 1/2 in thick plates of ice that had slid off the roof without even a hiccup. If your adjustments are correct, they only break when they are supposed to. Never broke an impeller shear bolt though.

Good luck,

hickster

Weather outlook for the "Anchorage bowl"

Blower      HS928TA 
Mower      HRR216PDA 
Washer    Excell XR2700 (6.5 Honda-GX/AR-2700psi/3gpm) 
Trimmer   John Deere (Homelite clone)
Saw         Husky 141 

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42