Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > update on snow-pup 14 and questions on reviews..........

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
skyking3

update on snow-pup 14 and questions on reviews..........
Original Message   Jan 30, 2005 11:20 am
i posted a question regarding an old toro snow-pup with the coil wire too short awhile ago....................

the friend of mine decided after all this time not to fix it and asked if i wanted it...............

of course i said yes...............

after 20 minutes it was running and 20 minutes after that i had the scraper bar fixed..............

this little machine was sooooooooooo impressive with the snow it would throw...................

i took it thru an 18" snow bank and although it bogged a little , it cut right thru it................

wish there was a way to post reviews about older equipment...........

would it benefit anyone to read reviews about older equipment mostly from the 60's ??????????

i got alot of  OPE from that era , but not sure anyone could use that info ............

what do you think ?,

bill

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: update on snow-pup 14 and questions on reviews..........
Reply #1   Jan 30, 2005 11:36 am
Yes, it would be beneficial to post reviews of older equipment. Many people come to the net looking for info on old machines. Thank you for asking and being willing to share your experience!
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #2   Jan 30, 2005 3:50 pm
I'd like to see a picture of it.  I thought snowthrowers of that era were going by a rubber paddle.  If so, wasn't that a frozen snowbank you put in into?

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

plugger

Reply #3   Jan 30, 2005 7:08 pm
I love hearing about the old machines and how they compare to todays OPE.  If you have pictures please post them.

Chevy  K1500,
Fisher 760LD,
Ariens 926LE Pro
robmints

Reply #4   Jan 30, 2005 7:40 pm
There are oldies but goodies, and old lemons.

Yes, I think reviews of older machines are helpful. I did not think so in the past but I have seen the error of my ways, on this one.
skyking3

Reply #5   Jan 31, 2005 9:05 am
hi all,

the snow wasnt completely frozen , just a crust on it...................

i am really dumb when it comes to computers and need to learn how to post pics...................

theres a snow pup on e-bay till 2/6 , but mine has a white cowl instead of the red.....................

i will be posting reviews as soon as i can learn how to post the pics............

thank you,

bill

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #6   Jan 31, 2005 9:21 am
Bill, go to the link I am providing and register.

Once you have done so you can take Pics from the internet or your hard drive and upload them to this hosting site. Once you have done that, copy the URL of the image you upload, on that site and post it here. The way you do that is by clciking the mountain looking icon on your toolbar. It will bring up a box to copy that images URL (internet address) into. Your done.

If you come across question, just ask.

Image Shack
This message was modified Jan 31, 2005 by Marshall
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42