Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > The wheels on the bus DON'T go round and round...

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Speedbird

The wheels on the bus DON'T go round and round...
Original Message   Dec 19, 2010 10:16 am
Hello my friends,

This summer I gave my 3 year old Ariens 927LE it's annual cleaning and tune-up and did what I always do: Changed oil, greased and lubed where needed..etc.
When we got hit with our first big dump of snow last week my baby started on the 2nd pull and seemed ready to go to work. Unfortunately I only had power to one wheel, and this only when I clicked the trigger to disengage the other one so as to allow me to turn. When I tried to engage both of them, neither one would turn, so I was forced to disengage and use brute strength to push the beast around on one good wheel....
Would you have any ideas what may have caused this; did a cable or pin snap or could it have to do with me having taken off the tires to grease the axles and somehow re-installed them improperly? (although I checked and they seem to be on right)
Your suggestions are much appreciated...
Speedbird
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Speedbird

Re: The wheels on the bus DON'T go round and round...
Reply #3   Jan 16, 2011 11:38 am
Hey Snowman,

I've had a few things come up since I first posted this but I finally got around to taking a look at the beast, and sure enough, I'm missing the rectangular key for my right wheel...It must have come off when I was oiling the axles.
Question is, what do I do now? Do I have to contact Ariens directly to obtain a new one or is there some other option out there for me? I'm tired of having to push around 300lbs of steel up and down my driveway and I'm sure it can't be good for the engine that all the power is going to one wheel that's forced to do all the work...
Thanks again for your help and suggestions guys.

Speedbird
Bill_H

Re: The wheels on the bus DON'T go round and round...
Reply #4   Jan 16, 2011 3:26 pm
IF it's just a rectangular key, a good hardware store should have keystock. Cut/grind to size.

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42