Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Need some opinions please

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
estroner

Need some opinions please
Original Message   Nov 29, 2010 2:29 pm
I am looking at replacing a 25 year old snow blower. I live in Iowa and have a driveway that measures roughly 70X30. I do get some nice drifting, last year over the bed of my old truck, and some nice piles at the end of the drive. I am looking at the Toro Power Max 2-Stage 26 in. Snow Blower and the Ariens Deluxe 2-Stage 28 in. Snow Blower. They are the same price so I am not really sure which one to buy. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies: 49 - 52 of 52Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
shiva916

Re: Need some opinions please
Reply #49   Jan 16, 2011 9:46 am
Good to see it looks like others may have felt the same way i did. Not to single out anyone in particular, and i think it's great that some people will go all out to show brand loyalty but it tends to make post quickly get off topic.

Steve...lucky man that the Mrs. wants to get out there and use your toro, mine only looks at it and says that its in the way.  I shouldn't say that, on the first storm that i used it out I got her to make about 2 passes down the driveway, then she thought it was kind of fun. Sorta like all sorts of chores, seems kinda fun at first, but it quickly gets old. Although I can't say the task seems old yet with the new machine. With my last junker it truly was a crummy task. I guess thats what a better piece of machinery will do for you.

borat

Reply #50   Jan 16, 2011 10:12 am
For me, operating a good running machine tossing snow 35 to 40 feet, never gets old.   I really enjoy it.  However, on the flip side, an unreliable piece of junk dribbling snow down the side of the machine is anything but fun.
aa335

Reply #51   Jan 16, 2011 10:54 am
borat wrote:
For me, operating a good running machine tossing snow 35 to 40 feet, never gets old.   I really enjoy it. 

+1

If I can toss it from my lawn back to the driveway without the neighbors watching, I'd do it too. 
Steve_Cebu

Reply #52   Jan 16, 2011 1:24 pm
shiva916 wrote:

Steve...lucky man that the Mrs. wants to get out there and use your toro, mine only looks at it and says that its in the way.  I shouldn't say that, on the first storm that i used it out I got her to make about 2 passes down the driveway, then she thought it was kind of fun. Sorta like all sorts of chores, seems kinda fun at first, but it quickly gets old. Although I can't say the task seems old yet with the new machine. With my last junker it truly was a crummy task. I guess thats what a better piece of machinery will do for you.

Thanks, she's a great gal, The only problem is we have a lot of sun this morning and it's all melted for the most part. I think she can do the EOD but other than that there isn't much left for her to blow. I think it's because the Toro is very easy to use compared to others that we tried/bought. The twin trigger steering should be an industry wide standard IMO. It makes it so easy. The quick chute is very fast and easy. I think if we still had the Honda I'd be out there myself with her filming but not using it.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
Replies: 49 - 52 of 52Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42