Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snow coming!!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
kellyinkc

Snow coming!!
Original Message   Jan 8, 2011 5:17 pm
Finally! Under a WSW with this from the NWS:
USING THE GARCIA METHOD WHICH LOOKS AT 700 MB MOISTURE ADVECTION FOR SNOW AMOUNTS…THERE COULD BE 3 TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW DURING A 12 HOUR PERIOD. WITH THE EVENT EXPECTED TO LAST ABOUT 24 HOURS…SNOW AMOUNTS WILL LIKELY RANGE FROM 5 TO 8 INCHES. THE NAM AND GFS ARE EVEN HINTING AS SOME ELEVATED INSTABILITY ACROSS EASTERN KS…WHICH COULD HELP IN INCREASING SNOWFALL RATES AND TOTAL AMOUNTS. WE ARE FAIRLY CONFIDENT THAT MOST AREAS WILL SEE 4 TO 6 INCHES…AND THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR POSSIBLY 6 TO 8 INCHES WITHIN A 12HR WINDOW.

Review of the Toro 221 one coming soon!
Replies: 4 - 13 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Steve_Cebu

Re: Snow coming!!
Reply #4   Jan 9, 2011 3:08 pm
alty wrote:
Yeah - like disappointed on a first date  :)

The storm we were supposed to get dumped a whole inch on us. That's like going on a date and she dumps you and you have to pick up the check!

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
alty

Reply #5   Jan 9, 2011 6:08 pm
Steve Cebu wrote:  " The storm we were supposed to get dumped a whole inch on us. That's like going on a date and she dumps you and you have to pick up the check!

...and she's ugly on top of it :)  :)  :)
rubinew

Reply #6   Jan 9, 2011 8:41 pm
Well if my Yamaha ever shows up, I am sure I will want to play, but I have to admit, enough for a while!!

I had to clear 20 - 30 inch drift this morning, just to get out of the driveway. All of you are welcome to some of it!! PLEASE! Take It !!!

GtWtNorth

https://t.me/pump_upp

Reply #7   Jan 9, 2011 9:51 pm
Wish I could. Haven't had more than an inch here since mid December. Climate is sure backwards. we get nothing and Las Vegas & L.A. get it.

https://t.me/pump_upp
Steve_Cebu

Reply #8   Jan 9, 2011 9:51 pm
rubinew wrote:
Well if my Yamaha ever shows up, I am sure I will want to play, but I have to admit, enough for a while!!

I had to clear 20 - 30 inch drift this morning, just to get out of the driveway. All of you are welcome to some of it!! PLEASE! Take It !!!

Hey we are happy to share the wealth! Just send some of that white gold down to us and we'll be happy to move it.

Otherwise it's kinda a long commute

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
aa335

Reply #9   Jan 9, 2011 11:58 pm
rubinew wrote:

Just so you know, the snow will keep pounding on when all you have is that itty bitty shovel.

You need to buy a big snowblower to scare the snow gods away.

Do it quick! 
njal

Reply #10   Jan 10, 2011 6:38 am
fingers crossed here in NJ  might get 12" Tue.night into Wed.
njal

Reply #11   Jan 10, 2011 6:39 am
Steve_Cebu wrote:
The storm we were supposed to get dumped a whole inch on us. That's like going on a date and she dumps you and you have to pick up the check!

HaHA!!!
Steve_Cebu

Reply #12   Jan 10, 2011 7:52 am
aa335 wrote:
Just so you know, the snow will keep pounding on when all you have is that itty bitty shovel.

Do it quick! 

I think he's right to wait for the Yamaha tho. If his last snowblower was mediocre for the task then he's going to need that bad boy to move the drifting snow that he gets on an almost daily basis. I think he still has a 2 stage snowblower. He might have waited too long in the season to buy. I hope he's able to find the model he likes.

That aside we are supposed to finally be getting some snow! They say at least 6 inches so we'll see.

This message was modified Jan 10, 2011 by Steve_Cebu

rubinew

Reply #13   Jan 10, 2011 8:57 am
aa335 wrote:

Do it quick! 

The MTD was in the Garage, but yes, as soon as I get a new snowblower, then it will stop snowing and blowing!!
Replies: 4 - 13 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42