Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Tecumseh LH358SA 159630A

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
sboricic

Tecumseh LH358SA 159630A
Original Message   Jan 9, 2011 8:03 am
Hi folks!

New to this forum site and looking for help.

A friend of mine has the make and model # on a snowblower listed above. It appears to be missing a governor link or spring that operates the throttle when I move the handle to control the RPM's.

When I start it up, it's running at high speed. I immediately shut it off in case I damage the engine. The throttle will allow me to turn it off but won't turn down the speed.

I've looked at diagrams on line for this make but it's too difficult, for me, to try and put the puzzle together of what goes where.

Any help would be appreciated.

Stephen

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
bus708

Re: Tecumseh LH358SA 159630A
Reply #1   Jan 15, 2011 12:09 am
Your throttle cable and or linkage is frozen. spray it with a good penatrating oil. also check your carb .  Your throttle body may be sticking. You need to work it free. I assume nobody was messing with your idle adjustments.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42