Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > MTD Snow Blowers

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jubol

MTD Snow Blowers
Original Message   Jan 28, 2005 4:48 pm

How many of you folks out there with MTD snowblowers, have had problems, or no problems?

Let's count and see how :"Junky MTD" does !!, compared to Ariens great QC ! ! ! 

Fred            

This message was modified Jan 28, 2005 by jubol

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
Replies: 9 - 18 of 86Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Re: MTD Snow Blowers
Reply #9   Jan 28, 2005 9:06 pm
Marty, that was a good thoughtful, helpful procedure.  You know V-8 juice is better don't you?

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

jubol

Reply #10   Jan 29, 2005 7:19 am
  AJace,

I do not have to split the blower to change belts!!  Thank God

Marty pretty well covered it !!

Fred.                   

This message was modified Jan 29, 2005 by jubol

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
jubol

Reply #11   Jan 29, 2005 7:23 am
 Chris S,

Why, because it is not "Pro"  Ariens or Toro??

Fred         

robmints

Reply #12   Jan 29, 2005 7:32 pm

Beat into the ground and back. Had the govenor adjusted once. Replaced the scraper bar.

Problems?
No.

Recommened it?
No. The build quality is fine. The component quality is a little iffy. Everything is thin or small.

If something breaks that is more than a cable, shear pin, or scraper bar. Marty is getting a PM to meet me at the Delaware line for a freebie.

Minds out of the gutter please.
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #13   Jan 29, 2005 9:47 pm
jubol wrote:
 Chris S,

Why, because it is not "Pro"  Ariens or Toro??

Fred         

No,

Because it is not a productive useful topic thread.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Majorxlr8n

Reply #14   Jan 30, 2005 1:59 am
robmints wrote:  If something breaks that is more than a cable, shear pin, or scraper bar. Marty is getting a PM to meet me at the Delaware line for a freebie.

Rob - I'll be there about 2 hours after you notify me of the Sears next major failure... 

Marty 

SnowRemover

Toro 828LXE

Reply #15   Jan 30, 2005 7:01 am
Why can't the readers decide if something is productive? 

Why do we need a central authority figure telling us what we do or do not want to read?

I have nothing against anyone posting here, so the following is not a dig at the originator of the topic, but why is the topic "Boy, i wish there was some more snow..... :)" productive, and this one is not?

At least here I found out about some old MTD's and heard about their build quality.  Over on that topic, it was just people wishing for more snow.  I chose not to read that topic after the first two posts because it wasn't productive for me.  But for others, it could be a very productive use of their time. 

Everyone is different, so let the readers decide.  Damn - there's my libertarian side coming out again "Live and let live".

--SnowRemover "The King is dead, long live the King"

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
--Friedrich Nietzsche
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #16   Jan 30, 2005 11:34 am
I have posted my opinion on the topic which I am entitled to.  I am not discouraging anyone from posting on it. 

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #17   Jan 30, 2005 11:40 am
There doesn't seem to be many MTD owners here. Guess that is a reason we don't hear much about them. Maybe they traded them in for a premium machine?
navihawk

Reply #18   Jan 30, 2005 12:43 pm
My neighbor has a 13 horse yard machine.Is that an MTD?If so, it does OK.Cant compare to my 7.75 Craftsman though...HEHE.

Hey Marty,Check on the engagement or takeup pulley.You might have a pin holding it in place,not a bolt.If thats  the case,you just tap it out with a pin punch and your belts slip on with no interferance.MTD's should last with proper maintainence,although his is a rust bucket for 4 years old.

Steve

Replies: 9 - 18 of 86Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42