Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 7524E impeller kit install

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Ariens 7524E impeller kit install
Original Message   Dec 31, 2010 2:49 am
Bought this new in '05 and always felt I'm not getting enough throw especially with very heavy wet snow. Slush would barely fly and was more like a slush pump. Belts checked out OK so, I made my own impeller kit. The rubber is conveyor belt material and all hardware is stainless steel. I'm on my second year with great results so far. Recently I blew heavy snow and measured 33 feet. Slush comes out at a very good clip but not quite the 33 feet like snow. EOD was never a problem but now I can put it where I want. Below are pictures of my install. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
This message was modified Dec 31, 2010 by hirschallan

Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
borat

Re: Ariens 7524E impeller kit install
Reply #3   Dec 31, 2010 5:37 pm
Looks good.  Seems to be quite effective too.  

That was quite a gap between the impeller and impeller housing.  My simplicity is much tighter than that with stock impeller. 
I'm thinking that down the road if and when the impeller components start to wear and the gap increases, I might do something similar.  Not sure that I'd go with actual rubber to housing contact.  That might create a bit of unnecessary resistance.  I'd leave just a slight bit of clearance between the two surfaces.  

What did you make the brackets out of?   I've got some 1/16' stainless plate that I could cut and drill to make the brackets.

Thanks for sharing.
snowmachine

Re: Ariens 7524E impeller kit install
Reply #4   Dec 31, 2010 10:25 pm
Nice install!  I have a Clarence kit for mine but waiting the for the 5 year warranty to expire.  The high speed impeller (pulley upgrade) has to make do for now.
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42