Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > MTD Snow Blowers

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jubol

MTD Snow Blowers
Original Message   Jan 28, 2005 4:48 pm

How many of you folks out there with MTD snowblowers, have had problems, or no problems?

Let's count and see how :"Junky MTD" does !!, compared to Ariens great QC ! ! ! 

Fred            

This message was modified Jan 28, 2005 by jubol

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
Replies: 67 - 76 of 86Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: MTD Snow Blowers
Reply #67   Feb 4, 2005 7:45 pm
A snowremover alias
terrapin24h

The more I learn the less i know

Reply #68   Feb 4, 2005 10:22 pm
Fred--
   Actually, it's "I may not agree with what you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it" and it was originally written by voltaire(real name is Francois Marie Arouet) in the 18th century, and was made popular by Paul Reveere during the american revolution, IIRC shortly before he faced a British Firing squad.  I find it rather amusing that you quote voltaire, (who was arguably the greatest humanitarian of the 18th century) a crusader against bigotry and tyranny in a very thread where you express some of the very attributes he fought against (predjudice for instance). FTR my personal favorite voltaire(more accurate now than ever) is "Those who can make you believe absurdaties can make you commit atrocities"--from one of his french revolution works(its been too long since my classic literature class for me to know which work its from) 

ps:  i have said it many times before, our mods are awesome.  They run a fair, tight ship and don't shy away from doin the unpleasant part of the job when it's called for.  They are to be commended and thanked.
This message was modified Feb 4, 2005 by terrapin24h

--chris
2001 Homelite VacAttack Blower
2001 6hp Toro PPace 22" mower
2001 Ariens 824LE
2002 6hp 2400 PSI Excell Powerwasher
2004 18hp Craftsman 27375 42" mower
2004 42cc Craftsman 18" chainsaw
jubol

Reply #69   Feb 5, 2005 5:22 am
   TP24

I made the quote correctly.

On Google type in" to defend his right to say it"

Look for, "Quote details, S.G. Tallentyre"

Read it and you will see that I'm correct!!

Fred              

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
whitedog

cry once when you buy it, not every time you use it!

Reply #70   Feb 5, 2005 7:32 am
jubol wrote:
   TP24

I made the quote correctly.

On Google type in" to defend his right to say it"

Look for, "Quote details, S.G. Tallentyre"

Read it and you will see that I'm correct!!

Fred              

hi fred,

thank you for your valued opinion

wd

This message was modified Feb 5, 2005 by whitedog

ope: ariens 8524, winco 8kw - b/s vanguard v twin, little giant 5 hp b/s, stihl br-650

the difference between smart and stupid is stupid knows no bounds

AZinOH

Those who accept self-deception will perish by it.
Shakespeare said "to thine own self be true".

Reply #71   Feb 5, 2005 9:56 am

On the subject of MTD, let me be brief. It doesn't matter whether this forum thinks it's a good product or not. It fills a price point that some people are willing to pay, but not exceed. Everyone has a different need, and for some MTD fills the bill. For some, I actually think that MTD is an enjoyable challenge. My next door neighbor has an MTD lawn tractor that must be 15 years old. It breaks down every year, but they moan and complain and still keep fixing it. If they ever get fed up with it, they will buy another MTD and the cycle will start all over again. It simply wouldn't occur to them to buy something different in the hope of getting something better, even though they could certainly afford it. They like doing whatever it takes to keep their cheap machine running, even if it costs them more in time and effort in the long run.

As far as snowblowers are concerned, those of us who purchased HATS machines (Honda_Ariens_Toro_Simplicity) have decided that we probably wouldn't be satisfied with the cheapest alternative available. But there will always be someone willing to sell a cheaper product, and always someone willing to buy it. That's why the idea of a buying guide and a help forum (although well-intentioned) will only have limited success. The Gospel has been preached for thousands of years but to this day, it only helps those who want to be saved.

AZ

Snowblower...Toro Power Max 726te 2004

Lawn tractor...AYP w/ 14.5 Briggs-42in 2000

mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Reply #72   Feb 5, 2005 11:47 am
Amen!

Love the H.A.T.S abbreviation.

Marc

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #73   Feb 5, 2005 1:06 pm
AZ, that statement was just awsome.  I agree with everything.  You are the first I ave seen to use the HATS term.  I hope you can contribute that term to the forum and we can all use it. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #74   Feb 5, 2005 1:12 pm
You could turn it around too and, if you stuttered, it would be TAH TAH'S  
AZinOH

Those who accept self-deception will perish by it.
Shakespeare said "to thine own self be true".

Reply #75   Feb 5, 2005 1:26 pm
AJace said 
You are the first I ave seen to use the HATS term.  I hope you can contribute that term to the forum and we can all use it. 

HATS....the forum is welcome to use it, with my compliments.

AZ

This message was modified Feb 5, 2005 by AZinOH

Snowblower...Toro Power Max 726te 2004

Lawn tractor...AYP w/ 14.5 Briggs-42in 2000

18Degrees

Reply #76   Feb 5, 2005 3:39 pm
Or even.....................SHAT..........because if it has moving parts , it will break.   Really,  HATS is great.                                                              18degrees

18 Degree driveway - 928 Honda track drive - Fertilizer spreader for dispensing salt
Replies: 67 - 76 of 86Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42