Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Why are Honda snowblowers so expensive?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
joed

Why are Honda snowblowers so expensive?
Original Message   Dec 24, 2009 9:23 am
I was at a local Honda dealer yesterday and I was stunned by the prices on their snowblowers. In Canadian dollars, they were: 928 wheels: $3000 928 track: $3400 724 track: $3400 1132 track: $3500 I know they have tracks, hydro tranny, honda engines, etc. but they're at least $1000-1500 more than equivalent toro and ariens models. Is it gold, they re making?
Replies: 174 - 183 of 221Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
aa335

Re: Why are Honda snowblowers so expensive?
Reply #174   Dec 28, 2010 11:00 am
Steve_Cebu wrote:
I really would love to get a GoPro HD Hero and mount it on my snowblower.

Now imagine that mounted onto the dash of my Toro! Widescreen Hi-Def 720p60p awesome! and waterproof! $300! can't have that and the other one tho.

I'm considering one of these cams to capture snow drifting in my car, trail rides on a mountain bike, and sledding.  I just wished it had a screen display so I know what I'm pointing at.

I noticed a lot of cameras get electronic video noise when placed near an engine.  It's kinda of wavy noise like the camera is sloshing around in water.  I wonder if this HD Hero is shielded well enough against that.

Is there any other competent alternatives to the Gopro?
New_Yorker

Preach the Gospel always, use words when necessary

Reply #175   Dec 28, 2010 12:47 pm
Honda's Have actual Hydrostatic Transmissions, not friction wheels

Honda's Have the Best Small Engines on the market.

Honda's are well designed

Honda's have fuel shutoffs, sediment cups that can be easily removed and cleaned, fuel drains, and other extra details that make the machine better.

Honda's have an Excellent Frequency of Repair record.

Honda's are The Best.

Honda's cost more because in life, you usually only get what you pay for.

Steve_Cebu

Reply #176   Dec 28, 2010 12:59 pm
aa335 wrote:
I'm considering one of these cams to capture snow drifting in my car, trail rides on a mountain bike, and sledding.  I just wished it had a screen display so I know what I'm pointing at.

I noticed a lot of cameras get electronic video noise when placed near an engine.  It's kinda of wavy noise like the camera is sloshing around in water.  I wonder if this HD Hero is shielded well enough against that.

Is there any other competent alternatives to the Gopro?

GoPro is THE camera to use over it's competitors by far. The Contour is a decent unit but has terrible sound. GoPro has a better pic and yeah the lack of even a viewfinder kinda bites but you do get a waterproof camera that will take anything you can throw at it. I don't know about the wavy electronic noise. You will get some "Jello shots" (rippling) all of that type of camera has them no matter who makes it. I don't think it's bad enough to be a problem. It's an action cam after all. But you can clean then up in post most of the time. Contour is GoPro's biggest competitor and there is another brand as well. Still it'd be awesome to try.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
MN_Runner

Reply #177   Dec 28, 2010 1:31 pm
Hi New_Yorker,

If you can please show us the video of your HS928 blowing that monster snow.  I have seen HS1132 blowing monster snow but not too mcuh on HS928.

This message was modified Dec 28, 2010 by MN_Runner
aa335

Reply #178   Dec 28, 2010 1:40 pm
New_Yorker wrote:
Honda's Have actual Hydrostatic Transmissions, not friction wheels

Honda's Have the Best Small Engines on the market.

Honda's are well designed

Honda's have fuel shutoffs, sediment cups that can be easily removed and cleaned, fuel drains, and other extra details that make the machine better.

Honda's have an Excellent Frequency of Repair record.

Honda's are The Best.

Honda's cost more because in life, you usually only get what you pay for.

Nice lyrics, can we get Rihanna to sing this song?  At the Superbowl?  hehe.

Ta da da da da, "Honda, I am the only snowblower in the world"

"because in life, you usually only get what you pay for"  I disagree.  :)  There's a lot of marriages that costs more than a Honda and they're not getting it. 
This message was modified Dec 28, 2010 by aa335
aa335

Reply #179   Dec 28, 2010 2:04 pm
Steve_Cebu wrote:
GoPro is THE camera to use over it's competitors by far. The Contour is a decent unit but has terrible sound. GoPro has a better pic and yeah the lack of even a viewfinder kinda bites but you do get a waterproof camera that will take anything you can throw at it. I don't know about the wavy electronic noise. You will get some "Jello shots" (rippling) all of that type of camera has them no matter who makes it. I don't think it's bad enough to be a problem. It's an action cam after all. But you can clean then up in post most of the time. Contour is GoPro's biggest competitor and there is another brand as well. Still it'd be awesome to try.

I've seen Top Gear and Motor Trend uses GoPro.  I'd wait until they come out with the LCD version.  It's nice to be able to frame  and review the video right away so you can determine if you need another take.
borat

Reply #180   Dec 28, 2010 2:24 pm
"Honda's are The Best."

At best, Honda is second best if the cost of the machine is of no consequence.  The Yamaha outclasses the Honda in every possible aspect. 

If it doesn't surpass the Honda in every way, please advise us what aspects of the Honda are "better" than the Yamaha. 

If you can't substantiate your claims of Honda superiority, you're obviously blowing smoke........

daniel

Reply #181   Dec 28, 2010 2:29 pm
borat wrote:
"Honda's are The Best."

At best, Honda is second best if the cost of the machine is of no consequence.  The Yamaha outclasses the Honda in every possible aspect. 

If it doesn't surpass the Honda in every way, please advise us what aspects of the Honda are "better" than the Yamaha. 

If you can't substantiate your claims of Honda superiority, you're obviously blowing smoke........

If cost is of no consequence, I would go with a team of eunuchs shovelling carefully with copper spades and backpacks full of salt sand...

Toro 826 OXE Snowblower, Echo PB-500 backpack blower, Toro 22" high wheel recycler mower, Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited 6 spd :)
Steve_Cebu

Reply #182   Dec 28, 2010 2:43 pm
aa335 wrote:
I've seen Top Gear and Motor Trend uses GoPro.  I'd wait until they come out with the LCD version.  It's nice to be able to frame  and review the video right away so you can determine if you need another take.

Well maybe at this years CES? GoPro is the one to get no one else comes close but I doubt they will put a lcd screen on one, no need. They already took the viewfinder off the older model. It would be nice and if it even had a postage stamp sized LCD a the back I'd buy one in a New York minute. But it's an action cam so a cheap menu system that might end up taking a thousand Jpegs instead of video if you aren't careful. But for the price it's amazing. my wife wants one if they do get an LCD screen so you'd see pics up on here pretty quickly if they add one. Calls to the company say no plans for one at this time.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
aa335

Reply #183   Dec 28, 2010 2:59 pm
daniel wrote:
If cost is of no consequence, I would go with a team of eunuchs shovelling carefully with copper spades and backpacks full of salt sand...

I was trying to figure out why "enuchs" are your choice for this kind of job.  Is there a harem of concubines on the property?  Enuchs are more aptly suited for serving concubines as opposed to grooming driveways.
Replies: 174 - 183 of 221Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42