Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere 1330SE question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Twisted_Uterus

John Deere 1330SE question
Original Message   Nov 14, 2010 12:55 pm
After 12 years of Northeast winters, I finally said goodbye to my Craftsman snowblower. It was literally being held together with hose clamps and bailing wire.

I treated myself to the John Deere 1330SE and can't wait for the first major snowfall of the season.

I do have a question for any users/owners of this model. There is a black plastic "shroud" that covers (I believe) the drive belts for the auger etc. It is the black plastic "thing" between the chute and the engine.

There is a pop-off cover on top that measures about 2 in by 6 in, and when opened, there a is a shallow "storage tray" of sorts, with a small hole at one end.

Page 13 (figure 8) of the owners manual identifies this part with the letter "K", however, the key/legend doesn't list anything for the letter "K".

Nothing else is mentioned in the manual

What the heck is this? Is it an oil/lube hole for the drive chains?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Replies: 4 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
bevans

tougher than the elements...everything in Wisconsin is

Re: John Deere 1330SE question
Reply #4   Dec 12, 2010 2:38 pm
Vikings guy.....heck in sub zero temps with all that snow...no doubt the hand warmers seem like they ain't working....have fun clearing out....:)
Replies: 4 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42