Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 7hp, ST724, model# 932027 attachment sheave play

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
CraigN

Ariens 7hp, ST724, model# 932027 attachment sheave play
Original Message   Dec 8, 2010 11:13 am
Hey all. Just new to the forum and hope someone can assist me. I have a 1995 vintage Ariens 7hp, ST724, model# is 932027. It has always run great and served me flawlessly over the past 14 winters here in central PA.

At the end of the last winter after using it to dig us out of the 60 + inches of snow we had in February, I noticed the attachment clutch was squealing when I engaged the blower attachment so I purchased new v-belts for the traction drive and blower attachment and just installed them last weekend. After I reassembled the blower I tried it out and the attachment belt made a loud noise and was thrown off the sheave. I checked the large attachment sheave and it wasn't lined up with the idler pulley. I loosened the front blower attachment and re-assembled the unit again this time trying to move the bottom bolts that are in a slot further away from the engine section and it seemed to align the belt better. I used ascrewdriver to pull back on the pulley where it passes through the blower rear section and it moved about an inch.

When I restarted the blower and engaged the blower clutch, the new belt now stays on and is aligned with the idler pulley but there is a noticable metal grinding noise that I did not have before.

We haven't had any snow so I haven't been able to try the blower under load but it seems that the impeller shaft bearing may be shot. Or maybe the noise in the auger will go away once I get it loaded with snow.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig

Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42