Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda HS621 Refresh

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
aa335

Honda HS621 Refresh
Original Message   Nov 20, 2010 11:48 pm
This is a Honda HS621 single stage snowblower.  It is at least 10 years old, I think more like 12 years old.  It had been in good service all these years.  However, most of these years it did not receive the TLC it should have gotten considering the caliber of this machine.  I thought it would only do justice it I to take on the task of making it look beautiful and fully functional again.

Things that were done in the last two years:
  1. Auger housing completely stripped down to bare metal.  Primed and painted in black gloss.
  2. Metal auger repainted also in black gloss
  3. New set of OEM rubber paddles and augers
  4. New OEM drive belt
  5. New scraper bar
  6. Replaced missing or rusted screws and various hardware
  7. Repainted red plastic top cover and side belt cover with Krylon Fusion red paint
Things to be competed shortly, parts on order:
  1. Replace wheels, washer, and cotter pin
  2. Replace springs on the chute ratchet
  3. Replace chute collar
  4. Affix new Honda and warning/caution labels
That should pretty much covers it to bring it to full showroom condition and operational specs.  Total costs of parts ~ $200, $30 in paint supplies, and several nights of work. 

And now here are a few pictures. 

This message was modified Nov 21, 2010 by aa335
Replies: 1 - 36 of 36View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 36 of 36View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42