Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Not sure on which snow blower to purchase

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
kman522

Not sure on which snow blower to purchase
Original Message   Nov 13, 2010 8:46 pm
OK, I picked up a site unseen Ariens Compact 26 snowblower for a good deal.  Now that I see it (and own it) I am not sure I want it.  I have about a 300' long driveway and live in the country where I get lots of drifing snow.  I am in the market for something bigger.  I am thinking 30" wide and I sure do like the idea of handwarmers.  I have been looking at several.  The Platinum Ariens, John Deere, Troy Bilt 3090 XP.  I know John Deere is not making their snow blowers anymore.  I heard they are made by Murry??  Anyone know if there is truth to that?

Looking for suggestion on which is the best to buy.  I live in NE Wisconsin and we get plenty of snow.  I want big, no tracks and something most importantly that is going to last with a little TLC.  If I pick a model without hand warmers, can I add them?

Thanks

This message was modified Nov 13, 2010 by kman522
Replies: 12 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
bevans

tougher than the elements...everything in Wisconsin is

Re: Not sure on which snow blower to purchase
Reply #12   Nov 20, 2010 10:22 pm
kman522 wrote:
OK, I picked up a site unseen Ariens Compact 26 snowblower for a good deal.  Now that I see it (and own it) I am not sure I want it.  I have about a 300' long driveway and live in the country where I get lots of drifing snow.  I am in the market for something bigger.  I am thinking 30" wide and I sure do like the idea of handwarmers.  I have been looking at several.  The Platinum Ariens, John Deere, Troy Bilt 3090 XP.  I know John Deere is not making their snow blowers anymore.  I heard they are made by Murry??  Anyone know if there is truth to that?

Looking for suggestion on which is the best to buy.  I live in NE Wisconsin and we get plenty of snow.  I want big, no tracks and something most importantly that is going to last with a little TLC.  If I pick a model without hand warmers, can I add them?

Thanks

Take it back and get the Ariens 26 pro..its a little more money,,...but built better....has hand warmers............better transmission and gear box

support your Brillion Wisc company

Bill

Replies: 12 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42