Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 2.7 Model 932002 gas leak

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
tzque

Ariens 2.7 Model 932002 gas leak
Original Message   Jan 26, 2005 8:30 am
I am trying to fix my 25 year old ariens 2.7 . When i fill it will gas it just runs out of the breathing hole for the choke . It will only do this after I use it . Before I go get parts . What do people think the problem is . Is it simple to repair or should I take it to the shop . I am very handy but I have never worked on small engines . This is my first attempt .
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Re: Ariens 2.7 Model 932002 gas leak
Reply #1   Jan 26, 2005 9:33 am
If your unit is the small 2 stage model 270 it has a diaphragm carburetor. The bottom of the carb looks like a flat plate with a black tube going into it. This carb does not have a bowl so all the info you read on this forum concerning floats being stuck does not apply. Check and see if the black tube has deteriorated to the piont it is leaking or if the fitting it attaches to has loosened up. The tube I am talking about is not the fuel line but rather is part of the prime button mechanism. If the carburetor has a bowl then it is different than the one I am speaking of.

If it is a bowl type carb than the float is stuck  due to varnish or it is porous and loaded with fuel so it won't float and push the needle up into the seat when the bowl is filled. The float may be ok but the needle and seat may be worn allowing fuel to keep flowing from the tank. This is an easy fix .Simply buy a carb rebuild kit and replace the needle and seat. I would also change the float while I was at it and add a fuel shut off valve to the gas line. 

Good Luck,

Marc

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42