Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ariens 13-36 dle

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

ariens 13-36 dle
Original Message   Jan 25, 2005 4:57 pm
hi guys hows it going now.

just throwing my hat in the door to see if i get a snowball tossed at me.

been away a long time and really started missing things.especially with all the snow.

so i thought i would check in .

we have been very busy at work with all the snow.well over 2 feet now approaching 3 feet in many spots.

have sold most of our snowblowers.had a couple ariens units 13 horse pro model 36 inch bucket.

sold one today so of course i was all over the front lawn with it.

nice machine .

we also sell the snappers ,and an 11 horse with the briggs will outblow  the ariens .

but i think the difference is in the engine.

you just cant beat the torque of those new ohv briggs engines. 

once i get the feel for this i could put in a review or two if allowed ,i will try not to be to biased

thats all for now ...

snowshoveler out

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 12 - 21 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
SnowPro

Re: ariens 13-36 dle
Reply #12   Jan 26, 2005 2:40 pm
snowshoveler wrote:

we also sell the snappers ,and an 11 horse with the briggs will outblow  the ariens .

but i think the difference is in the engine.

you just cant beat the torque of those new ohv briggs engines. 

snowshoveler out

ABSOLUTELY the truth!

Those Briggs Intek engines are much more powerful than the Tecumsehs.  Must be why I "upgraded" to them!

The 11hp is definately more powerful than the 13 hp Tec. , and the 13 Hp is a MONSTER for power.

IMHO............But, hey, what do I know, I've only used them about 2500 times in the last 3 years!

Ken

snowshoveler

Reply #13   Jan 26, 2005 9:18 pm
the ice palace eventually did thaw  and i did quite a few improvements there but i have a parting of ways and am no longer married

thats why the new house,its actually a hundred years old an was moved to a subdivision out side of town.its a cape cod style with the little dormers in front..but thats another story.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Boston_Rob

Reply #14   Jan 26, 2005 9:42 pm
Chris-

Many times, Lint would round up the troops and take the bus out for a spin.  Unfortunately, it was never the same without you!  Glad to see you home again.

Boston_Rob

Boston_Rob

Reply #15   Jan 26, 2005 9:44 pm
And by the way.....Your return just so happens to coincide with some preety significant snowfall totals in the New England area!  Glad to see your dance is still working.

Rob

snowshoveler

Reply #16   Jan 27, 2005 8:08 pm
hey Rob...

just so happens that New england is just a little south of us and if you notice on a real map.

(seems on some maps canada is erased out and Maine is a huge state...ha ha )

your weather always comes to me after you have it a while.

and then it goes to Newfoundland.

we got hit with 3 large blizzards in 7 days.

they are still digging out in town.

later chris

MountainMan

Overpowered is Usually Adequate

Reply #17   Jan 29, 2005 12:01 am
hey shovelor, side by side with similaar Hoarsepower Tecumseh OHV Snow king to B&S Snow Tech engines, is the B&S much quieter. ??

Ive heard them both, but its tough without side by side.

Ariens 1128PRO- Honda Generator_ Husky 480-257 Jonsered 2050Turbo- Shindiawa T2500 SCAG Mower -little wonder blower-Sears track blower-Coleman Generator- Bombadier ATV-Stihl HS-45 Etc-Etc-Etc
millwright

MIllwrights keep the world running

Reply #18   Jan 29, 2005 12:09 pm
Shoveler man welcome back  good luck on the new journey . Been driving butt lint crazy  with my old problems.now have an old or new friend to tortue .need help with timing on an old 11 hp brigs with the 2 counter balance weights on front  bvase cover.

millwright

nibbler

Reply #19   Jan 29, 2005 5:39 pm
SnowPro wrote:
ABSOLUTELY the truth!

Those Briggs Intek engines are much more powerful than the Tecumsehs.  Must be why I "upgraded" to them!

The 11hp is definately more powerful than the 13 hp Tec. , and the 13 Hp is a MONSTER for power.

IMHO............But, hey, what do I know, I've only used them about 2500 times in the last 3 years!

Ken

nibbler

Reply #20   Jan 29, 2005 5:42 pm
SnowPro wrote:
ABSOLUTELY the truth!

Ken

I''m not sure what happened, my comments weren't posted, just the quote.

I've been thinking of posting a review of the 11HP B&S Intek Snow engine that I put on my snowblower but don't know wether to put it in the Reviews ( its not really OPE) or in the discussion area.

Any suggestions?
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #21   Jan 29, 2005 5:49 pm
nibbler wrote:
I''m not sure what happened, my comments weren't posted, just the quote.

I've been thinking of posting a review of the 11HP B&S Intek Snow engine that I put on my snowblower but don't know wether to put it in the Reviews ( its not really OPE) or in the discussion area.

Any suggestions?

Absolutely, post it!  Thank you in advance too! 
Replies: 12 - 21 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42