Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > simplicity quality

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
pjc733

simplicity quality
Original Message   Jan 24, 2005 8:10 pm
I recently bought a simplicity model 860 snowblower.It is approximatley 10 years old. i got rid of a brand new craftsman 9 hp 29" blower to purchase the used simplicity. the 10 year old simplicity is much much better than the brand new craftsman. anybody else have good luck with simplicity?
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Re: simplicity quality
Reply #1   Jan 24, 2005 8:28 pm
Simplicity is a heavy duty machine that with good care will out live you lol...

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Dantheman

Reply #2   Jan 25, 2005 12:31 am
PJC,

I bought an 1170 last year when they first changed over to the new Briggs Snow Intek. It's been great during it's second season...No complaints and no regrets at all. I did write a review if your interested.

Good luck with your New  to You Simplicity......... 

Dan  

Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #3   Jan 25, 2005 6:48 am
Hi Dan,

I just saw your review.  Great snowblower you got there.  I wonder if Toro and all the other manufacturers got their idea for the free-wheel trigger control from Simplicity? I remember the last Simplicity I looked at hand handlebars on it making it feel like a bullet proof tank.  Man was that thing sturdy.  I only remember one trigger on those but that was a year or more ago.  All you really need is to break one wheel loose anyway when turning.  I'm sure it'll serve you beyond expectations.

Richie
Dantheman

Reply #4   Jan 25, 2005 10:59 am
Richie,

The handelbars were one of the reasons I got the 1170E. They seem to be a little taller and sturdier than most. So when you need to move it about there is less stress on your lower back. My vintage 1970's Ariens was much lower and everything from adjusting the chute deflector, moving it up a step to turning the chute required bending over.

And the 1170E at 270lbs feels more like it's on a hand truck when you move it about thanks to those channel steel handelbars.

Dan

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42