Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > The ultimate EOD pile buster.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
aa335

The ultimate EOD pile buster.
Original Message   Feb 3, 2010 12:46 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpxQPPIKdy4
This message was modified Feb 3, 2010 by aa335
Replies: 15 - 15 of 15Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
goofienewfie

Ariens 1130DLE

Re: The ultimate EOD pile buster.
Reply #15   Feb 9, 2010 6:25 am
Nibbler

I haven't done the math on fuel, but I can say this.  The town I am in has to truck snow about 20km. The still have a dragon snow melter and are in the process of possibly ordering another one based on savings from the test on the first machine.  So your 135km doesn't reflect actual cost based on many other things other then fuel.  You have to remember that truck involves men to operate, which based on municiple wages is not cheap, often when snow needs to be trucked away its wage overtime since they have already spend days pushing it off the roads to begin with.  Then there is maintinence cost.  There is also dispatching and logistics, etc...   The snow melter's can be ran by one man, the loader operator.  Granted it has to be moved from place to place, so a truck driver has to come into play at times.

Environmentally it is safer as drainage is treated in my area.  But of course that comes at a price too.. it cost to be green :\

Just to put things in perspective how much our lives revolve around snow in my area.   The city has gps tracking on all loaders, graders and salters.  You can track in real time were everything is on the municipal website.

Cheers
Goofie Newfie
Replies: 15 - 15 of 15Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42