Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens ST11528LE engine stops for no apparent reason

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
MtnMan

Ariens ST11528LE engine stops for no apparent reason
Original Message   Jan 20, 2010 12:52 am
I'm cruising along with this baby and all of a sudden it sputters and dies.  There is plenty of fresh gas.

I discovered that if I unscrew the gas cap before it stops completely, it will come back to life and continue to run for a while until it does it again.  What the ???

Is there some adjustment I need to make?  Is there an air something-or-other that's clogged or needs to be opened?

Thanks in advance...

Dave

Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
MtnMan

Re: Ariens ST11528LE engine stops for no apparent reason
Reply #2   Jan 20, 2010 11:02 pm
Thank you - I looked at the gas cap and didn't see any vents to clog, so I called Ariens and spent over an hour on hold... finally got a guy who told me that the tank vents through the threads on the cap, so I just had it on to tight.

We got a foot of snow today and I went out there with the gas cap snug but not tight... had no problem!!

I appreciate your quick response.

Dave

oldcrow

If it ain't broke, try harder

Re: Ariens ST11528LE engine stops for no apparent reason
Reply #3   Jan 23, 2010 2:01 pm
Fantastic. That's the kind of fix we all like to hear about. Fast (except for the hold time), and cheap.
This message was modified Jan 23, 2010 by oldcrow
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42