Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Why are Honda snowblowers so expensive?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
joed

Why are Honda snowblowers so expensive?
Original Message   Dec 24, 2009 9:23 am
I was at a local Honda dealer yesterday and I was stunned by the prices on their snowblowers. In Canadian dollars, they were: 928 wheels: $3000 928 track: $3400 724 track: $3400 1132 track: $3500 I know they have tracks, hydro tranny, honda engines, etc. but they're at least $1000-1500 more than equivalent toro and ariens models. Is it gold, they re making?
Replies: 44 - 53 of 221Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Steve_Cebu

Re: Why are Honda snowblowers so expensive?
Reply #44   Dec 27, 2009 11:21 am
mikiewest wrote:
thats ur choice knee biter.But someone wanted to know y hondas r so expensive?Again theres no real reason but if u choose to spend ur $$ on a Honda thats ur choice.I guess ur machine has diamond tipped auger blades lol.

Well it's not as simple as you make it out to be although if I was going to buy a wheeled model probably Simplicity, Toro or Ariens would be ok, but for a tracked model the Honda wins hands down. If you have a closed mind then nothing anyone can say will matter. If you have an open mind try a Honda. I didn't say BUY a Honda, just try one out and see. It's a different animal with the tracks. But in the end it's your $$$. Buy what you like, just don't diss it because it's not teh one you bought. My neighbor hates snow throwers and i would too if I had his driveway. It takes a long time with his plows and tractors to get it all gone and it's half gravel 20% grade uphill etc... Big farm tractor really helps him. Also helps that he is a farmer.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
mikiewest

Reply #45   Dec 27, 2009 4:06 pm
Oh I have plenty upstairs and downstairs unlike you my friend.Creeper gear works great .Helped me in removing 24in of snow.So maybe you think you know more than you really do.Also that was my point .what fool would pay more for a 724 when a simp pro or ariens pro is a better machine for less money.Hondas r overrated and over priced.My machine cleans right down to the asphalt so what does your machine do better??NOTHING.So again you cant tell me what part of your machine will outlast or outperform mine.But what I can tell you,is that your machine will cost a lot more to maintain..yes u r a fool  lol.
This message was modified Dec 27, 2009 by mikiewest
Knee_Biter

Wicked Pissa

Reply #46   Dec 27, 2009 4:16 pm
MIKIEWEST,  You my friend are a douche bag.   When you can find that out just from what someone types in one post then in person you must be full of vineger and water.   A REAL MASSENGILL.    Forums are for fun, education , sharing , talking,  but you just seem to want to fight.  You can be rich or poor.  Means nothing.   If you are not nice to people and I mean all people then you are lonely and little.

aa335

Reply #47   Dec 27, 2009 4:32 pm
mikiewest wrote:
Oh I have plenty upstairs and downstairs unlike you my friend.Creeper grear works great .Helped me in removing 24in of snow.So maybe you think you know more that you really do.But its not your fault ,your  from the midwest lol.I guess if I didnt have much $$ thats where I would live lol....

What you have downstairs is useless irrelevant information.  As far as upstairs, the lights are on, but no one's home.

When you are done pissing on the grass, come inside and do some research on the midwest.  I bet hooked on phonics works great for you too.

Why are you using creeper gear?  Isn't your machine big enough to take on that 24 inch without slowing down?
This message was modified Dec 27, 2009 by aa335
aa335

Reply #48   Dec 27, 2009 4:38 pm
mikiewest wrote:
Also that was my point .what fool would pay more for a 724 when a simp pro or ariens pro is a better machine for less money.

I'm sure that there are people who own a 724 that are happy with their purchase, and are a lot more intelligent than you think.  What is the point you are making?
I don't own a 724, so I can't speak in honesty how it fares with your Simp Pro whatever.  You don't own an Ariens, do you?  Why are you speaking for Ariens?
Catt

Reply #49   Dec 27, 2009 6:27 pm

OK, this thread needs a little lightening up…

Down with Honda!  Down with Simplicity! Down with Ariens,  John Deere, MTD, Toro and all of those cheap little toys.

Give me a walk behind Zaugg Snowbeast!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xA7UJ-ubA0

I wonder what my neighbors would say when this thing would come rolling out of the garage.

Now back to the flaming.

aa335

Reply #50   Dec 27, 2009 7:14 pm
You call that a snowblower?

Now this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvc86yDJz-k&feature=channel

Steve_Cebu

Reply #51   Dec 27, 2009 7:17 pm
Those snowbeasts are pretty cool. However if money were no object I'd like the one they have for blowing the city sidewalks. It's a sit down snowblower with a cab. It has tracks and from the look of it it's a heavy duty diesel construction type of equipment. I saw them clearing walkways near the Mall and it was not throwing snow very far, probably a good thing since it could have hit the building. But they were driving it into 5+ feet of built up plowed up snow and ice. It was pushing at least 6 feet of snow in front of it as it spat out what it could. Pretty big sidewalk 4 feet wide, god only knows how long they go for. It took it down to the tar tho. Very cool and probably over $20K.
This message was modified Dec 27, 2009 by Steve_Cebu

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
borat

Reply #52   Dec 27, 2009 7:36 pm
The Honda 724 is a very competent machine. I've seen one in action and for their power rating are very impressive. Not quite as efficient at moving snow as my 9528 Simplicity but for it's size, it is a remarkable snow thrower. If it were even $1000.00 less expensive, I might have bought one. But at the current price, not a chance. We just received about 18" of heavy wet snow that started Christmas eve and let up around 4 p.m. on the 26th. All the machines were out today cleaning up. The Simplicity and Honda were the two best machines in our area but we don't have any other premium brands nearby to compete with. Everyone else are using mostly 10 h.p. Craftsman and Yardman/Yardworks machines. I'd like to see some other brands working for comparison purposes but in Canada, they're generally too high priced for the average consumer.
mikiewest

Reply #53   Dec 27, 2009 8:12 pm
knee biter...boo hoo hoo you hurt my feelings.You're from boston??Roger Clemens,Bill Belichick and you r all DOUCHESSSSS.........HAVE A NICE DAY BOZO.
Replies: 44 - 53 of 221Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42