Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Why are Honda snowblowers so expensive?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
joed

Why are Honda snowblowers so expensive?
Original Message   Dec 24, 2009 9:23 am
I was at a local Honda dealer yesterday and I was stunned by the prices on their snowblowers. In Canadian dollars, they were: 928 wheels: $3000 928 track: $3400 724 track: $3400 1132 track: $3500 I know they have tracks, hydro tranny, honda engines, etc. but they're at least $1000-1500 more than equivalent toro and ariens models. Is it gold, they re making?
Replies: 24 - 33 of 221Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
amazer98

Re: Why are Honda snowblowers so expensive?
Reply #24   Dec 26, 2009 4:39 pm
OK, now that's a tad obsessive...  not so much that you have 4 blowers, but that you took the time to pose them for a formal portrait!  Now, I gotta ask: how many shovels do you have?
This message was modified Dec 26, 2009 by amazer98
Knee_Biter

Wicked Pissa

Reply #25   Dec 26, 2009 4:50 pm
2 Shovels.  Those are only the ones that I took a picture of.

aa335

Reply #26   Dec 26, 2009 5:13 pm
Hey Knee,

Nice collection.  I'm half way as obsessed as you.  Hehe.
This message was modified Dec 26, 2009 by aa335
aa335

Reply #27   Dec 26, 2009 5:21 pm
mikiewest wrote:
yea ok keep spending $$ on overrated products.That 624 cant handle the volume of my blower.Get a real blower and then talk 2 me pal.You'll still be out cleaning while I'm inside sipping some nice warm coffee.24" width ..... ha.

This is the oldest joke, hot coffee or warm chocolate thing.  Show some creativity and originality on the "snow volume" stuff too.  You came a day late and suddenly knowing everything.

Come on, your Dad can beat our Dad up with both hands tied behind his back.

Seriously, either talk civil with convincing and persuasive tact, or drop your drawers and remove all doubt.
aa335

Reply #28   Dec 26, 2009 5:24 pm
mikiewest wrote:
AA we r comparing snowblowers.Comparing a sports car to suv's is ridiculous.who cares how many enclaves u can buy for the price of a sports car.If you want to compare similar cars and you just like a Porsche better than a vette even though a vette is cheaper thats understandable.But I have never heard anyone say oh a Honda looks better than a Simplicity or Ariens.The bottom line is Honda is overpriced and overrated.My Simp Pro costs less than a honda 724,lt will last as long,cost less to maintain,easier to operate and kick the snot out of that little machine.It can keep up with a 928 which is really overpriced.

I think you missed class the day this lesson was discussed.

The comparison is ridiculous when you don't see the point.

I think we all have established the point that Honda are overpriced, both people who buy one and people that hates them.
Knee_Biter

Wicked Pissa

Reply #29   Dec 26, 2009 5:42 pm
All vehicles on the road are overpriced.   All computers we are typing on are overpriced.   But sometimes you pay because you want it.  Not because it is worth it.

Steve_Cebu

Reply #30   Dec 26, 2009 5:52 pm
Correction Honda is expensive, not overpriced. I have one and I had the Toro 1028. The Honda will do things for my purposes that make it superior. but just because I own a Honda does that mean I don't need a shovel? No I still heen one for small jobs and as far as the guy who posted The massive Ariens. Well sure there are even bigger machines than that. I had to get some lightbulbs at Home Depot and they had a Troy Built that was 48" wide! It had dual tires on each side and a Maw that could swallow Cincinnati. I wouldn't buy one since it's just too massive for my wife to use and would probably break after 1 storm but it was huge. Ariens makes a good unit and it might cost less than the Honda. But there is a reason people buy Honda and it's not because we are stupid. If a Simplicity, meets your needs great, ditto Ariens, Toro or whatever brand you like. Honda's do cost more and for me it was worth it being able to clean my driveway better as it chipped up the ice that was sort of melting and throwing it off the driveway. The Toro did not do that. It's best to buy based on your needs. Any good quality brand will probably last a long time and if it meets your needs and it $2,000 cheaper than a Honda, that's good. Meanwhile I'll be out there blowing with my Honda knowing it meets my needs.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
amazer98

Reply #31   Dec 26, 2009 7:31 pm
I know I posted something similar to this earlier, but I want to do so again:  Why are Hinda's so superior?  For example, Steve wrote that Hondas could chip ice that other brands could not.  How is this possible?  Honda's engines are not universally more powerful than those offered by othe companies at lower prices, right?  Are their augers made of titanium alloy or something?

Specifically, what makes Hondas so hot?
Knee_Biter

Wicked Pissa

Reply #32   Dec 26, 2009 7:40 pm
From my own use,  Honda will throw snow further than most other machines, Run smoother,  Very quiet , I think the tight tolerances make it better.  Not saying that they are better than others but in my use they are at the top.  They also start with a half of an easy pull all the time.
This message was modified Dec 26, 2009 by Knee_Biter

Knee_Biter

Wicked Pissa

Reply #33   Dec 26, 2009 7:45 pm
Also,  If when you were a kid you had a Honda z50 trail 70 ct 90 xr75 80 xl80 or any other similar bike then you will like the Honda.  IT COMES WITH THE SAME TOOL KIT.  They also have a crud catcher under the petcock that comes off in 1 min so can can empty crud before it reaches the carb.  The carb has a plastic float, and jet, A reuseable o-ring for the bowl.  And has cool decals like the old z50
This message was modified Dec 26, 2009 by Knee_Biter

Replies: 24 - 33 of 221Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42