Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 12" impeller vs 14" impeller?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
njg4756

12" impeller vs 14" impeller?
Original Message   Dec 22, 2009 4:29 am
Is there a measurable difference between the volume throughput of the Ariens 14" impellers compared to the more common 12" ones? Is this "volume throughput" a meaningful spec such as CFM is for an air compressor? Is there a downside for the larger impeller such as less manuverability? Is the extra weight in front helpful?
Replies: 4 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
njg4756

Re: 12" impeller vs 14" impeller?
Reply #4   Dec 24, 2009 10:15 pm
I'm on long Island...It's been a while since we've gotten 24"+ in one shot, and who knows when it will happen again, but it sure feels good knowing I won't be shoveling from here on out no matter what happens...I have a gut feeling we will be getting more this year... The sharks were starting at $150 per driveway to plow, so if we get one good dump a year it pays for itself. I probably shouldn't stress the machine too much right out of the box and let it break in slowly...
Replies: 4 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42