Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Improve lighting on snowblower? Add heated grips?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Hobkirk

Improve lighting on snowblower? Add heated grips?
Original Message   Dec 20, 2009 1:11 am
I have a 1995 John Deere 824D. It has one light located directly behind the chute, powered directly by the engine - i.e., no battery. Lighting technology has improved in the last 15 years - is there any practical way to replace the light with one (or, even better, two) brighter lights? I could work out using battery powered lights - my DeWalt 18V system has plenty of power to operate a couple of 9V bulbs (the 18V bulbs are VERY expensive), but it would be nicer to have the lighting  be an integral part of the machine.

Also, do heated grips help much? And if they do, is it practical to retrofit them to an older machine like mine?

Thanks. We're expecting 12" of snow tonight in the Boston area. My Deere is gassed and oiled and I just gave it a thorough service - he's raring to go!
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42