Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > no respect

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
whitedog

cry once when you buy it, not every time you use it!

no respect
Original Message   Jan 23, 2005 3:27 pm
i was out having fun this morning, just trying to help out my neighbors. 1st i clear the driveway of the old woman next door and i bust a shear pin-glad a greased the auger preseason-replaced with no problem. go to the next neighbor and halfway thru the eod they come out of the house to tell me they have a new snoblower and to leave the snow for them to play in. off to the last neighbor - big driveway - and make two passes at the eod and out of the house they come, "thanks for your help but we have a new snoblower, so beat it". does anyone have any uncleared snow i can play in?

wd

ope: ariens 8524, winco 8kw - b/s vanguard v twin, little giant 5 hp b/s, stihl br-650

the difference between smart and stupid is stupid knows no bounds

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Re: no respect
Reply #1   Jan 23, 2005 3:58 pm
Hi WD,

When you're out clearing your neighbors driveways, in the future you need to hide all the fun you are having.  See what you did, now they all purchased machines so they can have fun too.  Look at it this way, if they don't read the instruction manual and learn how to maintain it, soon enough they'll be knocking on your door asking you to do their driveway because their machine won't start. 

Richie
Termy

Reply #2   Jan 23, 2005 5:06 pm
Here Here

Termy

Reply #3   Jan 23, 2005 6:58 pm
I wanted to say a little more...

If you came buy to snowblow my driveway, I would let you! #1 Your doing a good service. #2 You like doing it. #3 I like watching you use the snowblower. #4 I am a nice person who is not rude.

18Degrees

Reply #4   Jan 23, 2005 11:29 pm
Whitedog,                        It look like you should design a large and complicated muffler system for your snowthrower.  That way you will be able to snowblow your neighbors driveway in stealth mode in the wee hours of the morning.  Then go back to bed and do your own driveway latter so they do not suspect it was you.   ha ha

18 degrees

18 Degree driveway - 928 Honda track drive - Fertilizer spreader for dispensing salt
Termy

Reply #5   Jan 23, 2005 11:44 pm
Now aint that the truth You could put a 6 foot long muffler pipe on there and trick it out too! Just don't add the nitrus, otherwise your snowblower will take off down the road going 100MPH

Walt

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. -T. Roosevelt

Reply #6   Jan 24, 2005 4:45 am
WD, Everyone suggestion so far is great. Next time it snows you could smile, wave, and pretend you can't understand what they are saying and keep doing their drives; Or, when they get out to do their drive you follow behind by snowblowing their lawn right back on to their driveway (sort of like a "Battle of the Bands", just with snowblowers!) Walt
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42