Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Vintage blower 'passed' the test

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Geno

51- love God 1st, then OPE

Vintage blower 'passed' the test
Original Message   Jan 23, 2005 3:07 pm
Hi everyone - I finally got a pully to work ( put a newer motor on vintage blower) so I was ready to put the blower to the test. had to wait until after work on Saturday thou. As luck would have it, I got stuck at work for 9 1/2 hours. I started at 3 am so I was very tired when I got home..but the anticipation of using my new (old) blower give me a extra boost. I stayed out and blew until 7 pm. worked flawless, well almost. only thing that wasn't quite right was the tension on the shoot turning lever was to loose..the shoot kept turning on it's own . easy fix thou.  Blower is a 70's called a 'Dayton' sold by Grainger. Has shoot control up by handle (many older ones were lower I beleive) and has drive or friction plate drive system. the best part I like is the 'Paddle wheel' design for the second auger. It is unreal how it throws out the snow! I am very happy with it. my only concern is avaibility of drive conponents, I.E. drive disk/wheel ect..   just had to extend my Joy on to you all-   Thanks     Gene
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Re: Vintage blower 'passed' the test
Reply #1   Jan 23, 2005 3:45 pm
Sounds like it just needed an engine and little TLC..  Great to hear everything was just about fine. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42