Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Official snowblower in action thread....

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jogo

Official snowblower in action thread....
Original Message   Jan 23, 2005 2:23 pm
These were taken by my youngest daughter. I had to show her how to use the camera. But they came out okay. The EOD was like budda!

If you have some shots..post them here.

Pics remover by moderator. M

This message was modified Apr 4, 2005 by a moderator

Red Max EB78001 blower
Echo PB1000 blower
Sears ? blower
Sears 16" chainsaw
John Deere STX38
Murray 21" push mower
Echo SRM1501 weed wacker
Excell/Honda pressure washer
Ariens 11528
Replies: 74 - 83 of 83Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Re: Official snowblower in action thread....
Reply #74   Jan 28, 2005 8:51 pm
Doug wrote:
Thanks for the welcomes everyone,

Yes it's a canadian model, not exactly sure of the year,  I was told about 7 or 8 years old. Anyone know what year the electric chute controls came out? 

Highwind, I'm in Prince Edward Island, Canada and it's the hydrostatic. I hope the hydro drive proves to be as reliable

18Degrees, LOL....... Yeah, looks kind of funny, but I'm actually clearing a path back to my burning barrel.

Doug,

I talked to the dealer's mechanic when I bought mine, and he said he had never replaced a hydro drive in one. They are quite reliable. There is so little stress on the oil and mechanical parts and no routine oil change. You'll be using it trouble-free for years.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

18Degrees

Reply #75   Jan 29, 2005 12:43 am
Doug wrote:

Doug,  It is illegal on this forum to have such a clean garage.

18 Degree driveway - 928 Honda track drive - Fertilizer spreader for dispensing salt
Torch

Reply #76   Jan 29, 2005 1:19 am
Doug, where are you located at?  That treeline back there in your picture looks great.

And the plume from your thrower looks like the "Old Faithful" geyser going off.

James

Majorxlr8n

Reply #77   Feb 6, 2005 4:49 pm
1961 Snowbird with a 4hp Briggs in action!

Certainly not as impressive as the photos above, but after 44 years (with a little help from me) its still kicking butt!

Marty

18Degrees

Reply #78   Feb 6, 2005 5:09 pm
Nice photo- I love the blowing the snow off the lawn before it melts.  hahaha                                                          18 degrees

18 Degree driveway - 928 Honda track drive - Fertilizer spreader for dispensing salt
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #79   Feb 6, 2005 5:11 pm
Looks like it is doing a fine job!!!

Hey Marty wheres your gun and mask LOL.....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #80   Feb 6, 2005 7:14 pm
Nice old iron Marty. I went out to the shed this morning and fired up the machines just to keep them fresh. I was eyeing up the backyard for a quick run.  LOL.   Decided I didn't feel like cleaning it off. It was 50 degrees here today and clear blue skies. Must be getting spring fever. I was thinking about crabgrass preventer. Right around the corner.

Kevin                                           

Simplicity Conquest
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #81   Feb 6, 2005 7:26 pm
Marty,

Nice job, do you have a better photo of that snowblower?

Richie
Majorxlr8n

Reply #82   Feb 6, 2005 9:05 pm
Thanks guys for the compliments!!

18 - Nothing like clearing off the grass for a quickie "snowblower fix!"

Chris - At least I have DARK glasses on. Gotta keep the M&G tradition going somehow...

Kevin - It was 57 degrees here today. Nothing like it was 2 weeks ago with 20 degree temps & the wind blowing 30 mph!! I hear ya about gearing up for spring & getting the lawn in shape - its right around the corner & snowblower season will be over...

Richie - Ask & you shall receive...

Those "skid shoes" are actually idler pulleys that the previous owner stuck on there - they work ok! Like those bald tires too? Makes for almost zero traction in the snow! BTW - the snow that I was blowing was about 8 to 10" deep, very wet & slushy. This little guy was actually throwing the powder about 15'-20' 2 weeks ago. I LOVE IT!!!!

Marty

Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #83   Feb 7, 2005 6:37 am
Marty,

That is a beautiful machine!  The funny thing is that it's most likely very low horse power compared to an equivalent snowblower you'd purchase today.  If you were to repower it today with the same rated engine, I doubt it would work nearly as well.  Just another example of how HP really meant something back in those days compared to now. If you have more classic snowblowers or other OPE, you should put together a website dedicated to them.  There is a great deal of interest in OPE like that. 

Richie
Replies: 74 - 83 of 83Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42