Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 624E Wouldn't Start

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Ariens 624E Wouldn't Start
Original Message   Jan 23, 2005 11:39 am
Hi folks,

Just another example how important it is to maintain your snowblower and READ the instruction manual.  After I was done with my property with my Toro 828 LXE and went inside, the door bell rang.  My neighbor asked me for help, he couldn't get his snowblower started, even using the electric start.  His fuel was a year old, but even worse, he didn't realize that he not only had to have the choke fully engaged, but the THROTTLE had to be in the maximum position in order for it to start, which it wasn't.  I realized this immediately and got him going after using some new fuel with PRI-G mixed in.  Although I'm not a fan of the orange snowblowers, this little machine with its OHV engine worked very well in all this deep stuff here on Long Island.  It had a very respectable throw distance as well. 

The lesson learned, don't wait until you need your snowblower to dig you out to check them out.  It's the wrong time, especially when its 15 degrees out and you have to deal with carb issues and such.  Since these machines are not used nearly as much as your lawnmower, you can actually forget exactly how they work.   

Richie
This topic has no replies.
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42