Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ready For The Big One on Long Island

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Ready For The Big One on Long Island
Original Message   Jan 21, 2005 6:02 pm
Just completed the 2 hour service on my Toro 828 LXE, and also switched it over to Mobil One 5W-30.   Even if we only get 7 or 8 inches of the white stuff, the winds will cause some high snow drifts.  I can't wait to really give this new machine a workout, especially since the snow plows are notorious around here for blocking driveways.  I actually think they get a kick out of it.  I also walked my driveway and walkway to make sure all newspapers and debris were picked up.   Good luck to everyone with this storm.

Richie
Replies: 12 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
newjerseybt

You want it done right?...You better learn how to do it yourself!

Ariens 1128DLE
Ariens 8526LE
Honda HRC216
Bosch 3221L
Craftsman DYT4000
Stihl FS90R

Re: Ready For The Big One on Long Island
Reply #12   Jan 22, 2005 6:35 pm
I was thinking of mounting my mailbox on a garage door spring. If you don't clear the snow enough by the mailbox and the mailman has a bug up his chute, you won't see any mail for days until you clean an area large enough so he doesn't have to get out of his truck.  We are new on our block and mail was not picked up or delivered so we went to the post office to receive a lecture on snow removal around the mail box. . Thing was we DID have it cleared out just as much as our neighbors but he chose to pick on us.

My sister  advised the lecturer that it was our fault as we probably did not give the mailman a big enough tip. We are from NJ and just moved to PA.  Some folks get funny about Out of Staters  sometimes. That IMHO.

Replies: 12 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42