Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens traction control or Toro chute??

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
snowgo

Ariens traction control or Toro chute??
Original Message   Nov 11, 2009 10:37 am
I'm in the market for a new snow blower and trying to narrow down my choices. I started a post here a month or so ago, with concerns on Simplicity's electric chute controls. As a brief recap, the primary use of this new snow blower will be to clear out a large corner lot, including a 3 car wide, 2 car length driveway. Due to the layout of the property, I have to blow the snow all the way over from one side of the driveway (across the 3 car widths) to the other side ... and over a row of 4 foot tall hedges on that other side.

Being that I feel more comfortable with mechanical parts rather than electric, I'm dropping the Simplicity out of the choices. My choices are coming down to either one of the Ariens platinum deluxe models (24" or 27") or one of the Toros with the easy turning features. In a nutshell, I'm trying to prioritize what's more important to me ... the really slick chute controls of the Toro or the wheel/traction mechanism of the Ariens platinum machines. I really like the idea of not having to worry about cable freeze-ups in the turning mechanism, which is why I would go platinum instead of just regular deluxe on the Ariens.

Any thoughts on this???

Thanks,

Bob
Replies: 1 - 20 of 20View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 20 of 20View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42