Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Of all times, ARiens 824 wouldn't start!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Smitty

"He who dies with the most toys/tools wins!"

Of all times, ARiens 824 wouldn't start!
Original Message   Jan 22, 2005 3:34 pm
Fueked up my machine and decided I better fire it up just to be on the safe side earlier today. Wouldn't start with rope pull or electric start.

Normally for a starting problem I would spray some instant start (ether or whatever it is) into the carb but of course no air cleaner on a snowblower. So, very, very carefully I heated up the carb with an electric blower. Sure enough, started right up!

My question is this, other than heating my garage, what can do to keep this from happening in the future? One thing I did was add some dry gas after this happened. Hopefully that will help

Ariens 824 Sno Thro, Toro 18" Gas Trimmer, Craftsman 3.5 HP 9" Edger/Trimmer, Echo SRM230 Trimmer/Brush Cutter, Toro 21" Recycler II Mower, Craftsman 8.5 HP Chipper/Shredder, Craftsman 25cc GAs Blower/Vac, Husky Y1000 Air Compressor, Homelite EZ ChainSaw, Husky Chain Saw
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42