Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Bought the Toro 828LXE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
SnowRemover

Toro 828LXE

Bought the Toro 828LXE
Original Message   Jan 21, 2005 9:18 pm
The local dealer sold me the 828LXE for $1,249.   He assembled it for free and is shipping it for free to my house (about 10 minutes from the store) tomorrow by 11am (before the storm).  He kept the gas out of the machine after assembly so I could come by and make sure it was brand new and never used (sorry, I don't trust dealers until I've done business with them at least once - I've had more than one new car dealer try to sell me a car "just off the truck" with 150 miles on it).

I know I gave a bunch of you a tough time about the Craftsman, but if it wasn't for my persistence to get more detailed information out of you I would be blowing with a Craftsman tomorrow instead of the Toro.  I'll update this topic after the storm hits and I clear it with my new toy.

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
--Friedrich Nietzsche
Replies: 5 - 14 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Walt

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. -T. Roosevelt

Re: Bought the Toro 828LXE
Reply #5   Jan 22, 2005 12:38 am
Best wishes on your blower. I think you made a very good choice. I don't think I understand your statement later in this string about posting under ones name. Chris is Chris, Marshall is Marshall, Peter is Peter and my parents named me Walter but most people just call me Walt, and is this to say that your parents named you Snowremover? Thanks for your help, Walt
This message was modified Jan 24, 2005 by Walt
18Degrees

Reply #6   Jan 22, 2005 12:43 am
Remember when you park your snowthower when your done to grin from ear to ear.............because you own a snowthrower.

18 Degrees

18 Degree driveway - 928 Honda track drive - Fertilizer spreader for dispensing salt
Termy

Reply #7   Jan 22, 2005 12:55 am
Actually, I was going to say turn your fuel valve off when you put your snowblower away.

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #8   Jan 22, 2005 12:57 pm
Hi...

Good luck w/ your new snowblower !

Read the Owner's manual.... and look for any break-in rules... and adjustment checks...

Check the oil too !

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

SnowRemover

Toro 828LXE

Reply #9   Jan 24, 2005 10:46 am
Used my new baby yesterday and loved it!

Cleared my driveway, the neighbors driveway and the front of another neighbors driveway.  It was fabulous, but not the workout I wanted to give it.  The snow was so light that there were areas of my driveway with less than an inch on it (due to the whipping winds).  Even the foot high drifts were so easily removed by this beast I felt a single stage would have had no problem with this storm.

Churning through where the road and drive way converge (is this what you guys call EOD?), again didn't seem like something a single stage would have had any problem with.  I want a 15" heavy, wet snow.  This 8" stuff is not worthy of my new machine.  Challenge me Mother Nature - I dare you!!!

Yes, I caught the snow throwing bug.

--SnowRemover

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
--Friedrich Nietzsche
solara

Reply #10   Jan 24, 2005 10:56 am
come to boston. there is plenty to blow

2004-2005 Ariens 11528LE
Jacobsen snow-burst
coffeebreath

Reply #11   Jan 24, 2005 11:18 am
SnowRemover wrote:

I know I gave a bunch of you a tough time about the Craftsman, but if it wasn't for my persistence to get more detailed information out of you I would be blowing with a Craftsman tomorrow instead of the Toro.  I'll update this topic after the storm hits and I clear it with my new toy.

After all the crap you put down on this forum, and the negativity and animosity you created, do you really think that any of us truly GAF?
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Reply #12   Jan 24, 2005 11:21 am
Glad to hear it is working for you. We didn't get as much as I'd expected at West Sand Lake, but it was fun finally getting more than 5". Does your Toro manual have the same "death or injury" warnings as the Ariens does?

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
SnowRemover

Toro 828LXE

Reply #13   Jan 24, 2005 11:30 am
No, the Toro manual says nothing about death or injury (other than "Shut off engine before servicing", but nothing about if you don't service it properly you can be injured as a result).  Is that just an ommission or due to differences in engineering?  I don't know.

And to my good buddy coffeebreath - yes people GAF, or else there wouldn't be any posts (including yours).

--Snow Remover

PS:  How many people have multiple personalities on this site so they can post stuff without using their normal posting name?  I find it highly impropable that a poster with only one other post would make a comment "After all the crap you put down on this forum" - as if they are a major contributor to the forum.  Reminds me of another double poster "Plugger".  Willing to make a bark, but not under his real name.

--Friedrich Nietzsche
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Reply #14   Jan 24, 2005 11:56 am
I don't know the reason for the difference in warnings. They aren't going to prevent lawsuits, but they at least give the manufacturers some defense ammo if a consumer disregards them and gets injured.

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
Replies: 5 - 14 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42