Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Bought the Toro 828LXE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
SnowRemover

Toro 828LXE

Bought the Toro 828LXE
Original Message   Jan 21, 2005 9:18 pm
The local dealer sold me the 828LXE for $1,249.   He assembled it for free and is shipping it for free to my house (about 10 minutes from the store) tomorrow by 11am (before the storm).  He kept the gas out of the machine after assembly so I could come by and make sure it was brand new and never used (sorry, I don't trust dealers until I've done business with them at least once - I've had more than one new car dealer try to sell me a car "just off the truck" with 150 miles on it).

I know I gave a bunch of you a tough time about the Craftsman, but if it wasn't for my persistence to get more detailed information out of you I would be blowing with a Craftsman tomorrow instead of the Toro.  I'll update this topic after the storm hits and I clear it with my new toy.

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
--Friedrich Nietzsche
Replies: 21 - 30 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
plugger

Re: Bought the Toro 828LXE
Reply #21   Jan 25, 2005 6:48 pm
SnowRemover wrote:
No, the Toro manual says nothing about death or injury (other than "Shut off engine before servicing", but nothing about if you don't service it properly you can be injured as a result).  Is that just an ommission or due to differences in engineering?  I don't know.

And to my good buddy coffeebreath - yes people GAF, or else there wouldn't be any posts (including yours).

--Snow Remover

PS:  How many people have multiple personalities on this site so they can post stuff without using their normal posting name?  I find it highly impropable that a poster with only one other post would make a comment "After all the crap you put down on this forum" - as if they are a major contributor to the forum.  Reminds me of another double poster "Plugger".  Willing to make a bark, but not under his real name.

Plugger is the name I joined with and it's the name I'll use in all my posts.  I was hoping we could put our initial exchange  behind us but I can see your dealing with personal issues so I'll just say my original advice was the best you got and let it go.  I didn't join this site to get into a pissing contest with a child.

Chevy  K1500,
Fisher 760LD,
Ariens 926LE Pro
jubol

Reply #22   Jan 25, 2005 6:56 pm
  Plugger,

Welcome to the best Forum on the web!!

Fred   

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Reply #23   Jan 25, 2005 7:00 pm
Stabil brand suggests 1 oz. per 21/2 gallons amongst other mix ratios on the back of their container. This is the mix I have been using. I also add 1oz. of Sea Foam per gallon as a cleanser /corrosion protector. This mix is what I use during  the season. At the end of the winter I drain the tank ,fuel line and bowl.

Marc

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
plugger

Reply #24   Jan 25, 2005 7:02 pm
jubol wrote:
  Plugger,

Welcome to the best Forum on the web!!

Fred   

Thanks, and please accept my appologies for my acrimonious posts.  From now on if I can't say something helpful or complimentary I won't say anything at all.  Life is too short.

Chevy  K1500,
Fisher 760LD,
Ariens 926LE Pro
sawme

1Thess 4: 11-12

Reply #25   Jan 25, 2005 7:09 pm

I believe this guy is going to fit in fine Fred LOL....

Welcome to the forum Plugger

Tom

Spit and venom>>>>>>>>>LOL
This message was modified Jan 25, 2005 by sawme

Stihl 036/MS-55 YB /Homelite Trimmer/ Troy-Bilt Tiller/ MTD Rider/ Honda HS1132TA
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #26   Jan 25, 2005 7:29 pm
Welcome Plugger....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
SnowRemover

Toro 828LXE

Reply #27   Jan 26, 2005 10:18 am
plugger wrote:
I was hoping we could put our initial exchange  behind us but I can see your dealing with personal issues so I'll just say my original advice was the best you got and let it go.  I didn't join this site to get into a pissing contest with a child.

Our original exchange was because you attacked me, not vice-versa.  With your final statement being  "pissing contest with a child",  one must question your original assertion that you want to put this behind us. 

If I took your original advice

plugger wrote:
You seem to have a fear of machines and if your not the type of person who can do minor repairs and make simple adjustments your probably getting in over your head with a snowthrower.

I wouldn't have the great Toro 828LXE I have today.   It was Walt who gave me the best advice, by using facts.

--SnowRemover
This message was modified Jan 26, 2005 by SnowRemover

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
--Friedrich Nietzsche
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #28   Jan 26, 2005 10:23 am
Plugger, welcome to Abby's.
plugger

Reply #29   Jan 26, 2005 7:56 pm
Congratulations on the Toro SnowRemover.  I hope it gives you many years of trouble free service.   By the way thanks for the "spit and venom" remark in the other thread.  I love it and plan to use it as a screen name on future message boards.  I'm already using it in my signature here and several other places.  People seem to like it.

Thanks Marshall
This message was modified Jan 26, 2005 by plugger

Chevy  K1500,
Fisher 760LD,
Ariens 926LE Pro
hickster

Reply #30   Jan 27, 2005 12:12 am
From this thorn bush...a rose!

Welcome plugger.

hickster

Weather outlook for the "Anchorage bowl"

Blower      HS928TA 
Mower      HRR216PDA 
Washer    Excell XR2700 (6.5 Honda-GX/AR-2700psi/3gpm) 
Trimmer   John Deere (Homelite clone)
Saw         Husky 141 

Replies: 21 - 30 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42