Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Wanted your Opinions on The Ariens 11528LE Snow Blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jubol

Wanted your Opinions on The Ariens 11528LE Snow Blower
Original Message   Jan 18, 2005 5:09 pm
 Folks,

You, who have the Ariens 11528LE, how would you rate them?

As good or better than Toro or  Simplicity. Please give me your thoughts.

Fred 

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
Replies: 5 - 14 of 24Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
robmints

Re: Wanted your Opinions on The Ariens 11528LE Snow Blower
Reply #5   Jan 18, 2005 7:28 pm
Chuck1,
How did it do in the heavy wet stuff? That should be a big deal to someone making a choice. Anything that runs can throw powder.
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #6   Jan 18, 2005 7:31 pm
Rob is right on in my opinion.

Believe it or not it is easier to turn a big Honda Track unit than a wheeled unit because the surface area of contact is spread out more it that makes sense.  Moving them is a different story lol...

C

This message was modified Jan 18, 2005 by ChrisS

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Chuck1

Reply #7   Jan 18, 2005 7:32 pm
Like a knife throug butter - no sweat! I've had people tell me that I'm nuts using my blower to go through it. They tell me they shovel the stuff. I tell them that why I spent the $$ - did the shovel'in thing for far too long!!

Ariens 11528, Yard Machine by MTD 6.0HP Mower, Weed Eater GTI-15, Simoniz S1600 Washer, Weber Silver C.
jogo

Reply #8   Jan 18, 2005 7:56 pm
I bought my 11528 in sept 03. I am VERY happy with it. I compared to all the usual suspects, came down to buying the Ariens.

It works in deep snow, and the slushy stuff. In fact last year we had a layer of slush and I did not even think about using it from past experiences with a 5hp snapper. Someone on the old site said give it a try. I tried it and was amazed the machine was pretty much throwing water and it did that REAL well. Maneuvering can be tough but when ya get to a big machine with out any turning type of assistance, that is what you get. I used it soon after major surgery, and again soon after having surgery to have a bicep muscle reattached, and was able to handle it both times.  The speed is good, starts well , has ohv engine. my 2cents .

This message was modified Jan 18, 2005 by jogo

Red Max EB78001 blower
Echo PB1000 blower
Sears ? blower
Sears 16" chainsaw
John Deere STX38
Murray 21" push mower
Echo SRM1501 weed wacker
Excell/Honda pressure washer
Ariens 11528
robmints

Reply #9   Jan 18, 2005 7:58 pm
Thanks Chuck.

I guess I'm getting a little soft thinking that your beast is heavy. I'm sure it beats the shovel though. It looks like one of those deals that blows up over Carolina and moves up toward you, might get to you by Monday or so. That's if you can believe the weatherman.
TheBuck101

Shoot them STRIGHT

Reply #10   Jan 18, 2005 9:39 pm
I looked at the 11528LE & 926DLE

I went with the 926DLE because of the Cast Iron Gear case & Lock out Diff.

I have a 30 + yr old 824 with a cast gear case & lock out & it still runs great.

I just thought it was time to get a new one. I think I make a real good choice with the 926 DLE

Just my 2 cent's

Brent

The Buck

Semi Pro Archer

Hunting

Golfing

X -Inboard Hydroplane Driver

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #11   Jan 18, 2005 9:45 pm
Buck, what kind of boat did you run?
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #12   Jan 18, 2005 10:09 pm
I think I like the DLE series so much, I'd go with the 9hp DLE for roughly the same price as the 11hp LE, but either one would make an owner proud.
I have a DLE, and like the free wheel  steering very much.......it makes all the difference in the world.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Reply #13   Jan 19, 2005 5:56 am
My Ariens 11528LE is the first snowblower I have ever used or owned so I have nothing to compare it to. I had some problems early on that were related to the dealer not doing the initial belt run in but those appear to have been solved. I have had to experiment with the skids to deal with my gravel drive. I have put 4.5 hours on the machine removing a few 3-5" snowfalls and it has performed flawlessly and up to my expectations.

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #14   Jan 19, 2005 11:35 am

I think people should be a bit more careful in their descriptions of snowblower construction.  I don’t want to get caught up in what may be considered splitting hairs, but what is being referred to as plastic chutes, which lends the impression of being cheaply made, is actually rigid POLYETHYLENE, at least on a Toro.  Polyethylene of the proper thickness or grade, like on the Toro, was NOT used in place of steel to be cheap.  Toro has done a great deal of R&D in this area. 

Rigid polyethylene does not rust or corrode like steel and is a natural slippery surface when wet.  The result makes for a free flowing chute that also reduces clogging issues. Removing rust and corrosion from the equation allows for a much more free flowing discharge, which is just another piece of the puzzle playing a part in throw distance and efficiency of the machine.  Rust and corrosion is drag and slows down discharge.

How many of you, like me, dislike the fact your metal chutes are always rusted or simply remove and paint them each year to keep them fresh looking and smooth?  I used to hate having to spray my rusted chute each and every time prior to clearing my driveway.  All of Toro’s two-stage machines have the heavy-duty polyethylene chute, which eliminates the need to spray them with silicone or other lubricants, and they stay looking great

There are some brands, in my opinion, that use a softer or more flexible type of material for their discharge chutes, perhaps even a cheaper grade.  They flex a bit too much for my taste rather than the more rigid type.  They also gave me the impression they could be damaged or fail easily.  This is what made me consider a different brand snowblower than what I had originally intended to purchase. 

Toro has done a great deal of R&D to raise the bar another notch.  A think a bit more objectivity is in order here.

Richie
Replies: 5 - 14 of 24Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42