Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda carb adjustment for the pilot screw ???

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
trouts2

Honda carb adjustment for the pilot screw ???
Original Message   Feb 6, 2009 6:39 pm

Carb on a Honda like GX200.  The parts breakdown for the Huayi carb is the same as in the Honda exploded view for a GX200. 

The red arrow points to the black square cap on the pilot screw.

What is the pilot screw?  How does it work and how is it adjusted?

http://www.kedawei.com/Carb_exploded_view.pdf  (you've got to zoom in to read the doc)

I can’t find anything informative on the net.  The .pdf link is a sheet about the carb and mentions the pilot screw.  It mentions taking off the cap which will break the screw.  It then says get a special tool to remove it after it’s broken but nothing about adjusting it.  Does it just screw in all the way or get set and if so how many turns?  Any other info about this carb and how to adjust it would be appreciated.
This message was modified Feb 6, 2009 by trouts2
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Underdog

Re: Honda carb adjustment for the pilot screw ???
Reply #1   Feb 6, 2009 9:17 pm
I have the same engine.  Not that it helps you but I had the same question.  No clue.

niper99

Reply #2   Feb 6, 2009 11:15 pm
its the low speed idle adjustment, l would start 1 turn out then adjust from there (standard produre).
trouts2

Reply #3   Feb 7, 2009 2:23 pm
   The link I posted says that when the cap on the pilot screw is removed the neck on the pilot screw breaks.  That happened when the cap came off.   That exposes a flat disk on top of the pilot screw.  The link posted says get an "appropriate rubber tube" to place "over the remaining stub and unscrew".  My carb is new and what's left of the pilot screw won't budge.  ??  I tries some thin nosed pliars and it won't turn.
niper99

Reply #4   Feb 7, 2009 5:03 pm
trouts2

l havent ran into this problem yet, all of the carbs l've worked on dont have the cap on the end just a regular slotted screw for adjustment.

This message was modified Feb 7, 2009 by niper99
trouts2

Reply #5   Feb 7, 2009 8:08 pm

The picture on the left is the Honda GX200 clone labeled Rui * Ing.  On the right is an original Honda carb.

The clone carb has a shank comming out of the block with a top flat disk.  Sticking out of the disk is a short stub.  The stub is what is left after the square plastic cap is broken off.  That part matches the pdf description.  But the remainder won't unscrew.  There's no threads or spring there.  Possibly they have inserted a low idle jet and Locktited it in place. 

The clone carb square cap matches the pdf description.  The snapping off part matches the pdf description.  The Honda original carb does not but it does have a threaded screw and a spring.  The clone does not.  The clone parts breakdown shows a screw and a spring.   

Neither carb exactly matches the Honda pdf but the original does have a screw and spring.  The clone appears to be non-adjustable.  The local dealer is very helpful and today he gave me the Honda carb body to check out.  He says he's never had to adjust a low idle. 

Underdog

Reply #6   Feb 17, 2009 2:22 pm
you might try posting your question on one of the go-cart boards.  They all run this same engine there.

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42