Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Vintage Toro 7/24 snowblower - gear problem

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Saddles

Vintage Toro 7/24 snowblower - gear problem
Original Message   Feb 1, 2009 11:34 pm
My 30 year old 7/24 Toro snowblower (Model 38050) won't go forward in 3rd gear. I have tinkered with the friction wheel and can't seem to fix the problem. For example, when the friction wheel is positioned equally from a) the friction disk and b) drive pulley, none of the three Forward gears will engage, but the two Reverse gears work fine. When the friction disk is positioned closer to the drive pulley, all of the Forward gears will engage, but then the 1st gear for Reverse doesn't work.  I have decided that the best "compromise position" for the friction wheel is one where I can use the 1st and 2nd Forward gears (but not the the third) as well as both Reverse gears. The friction wheel seems OK (there is still a good deal of rubber on it) so I am not sure what is going on - grateful for any advice that anyone might have.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42