Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 1988 Ariens 824-starting problems

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
omnivore

1988 Ariens 824-starting problems
Original Message   Jan 18, 2009 4:40 pm
Hi. new here:

I have an older 8 hp Ariens with electirc start. It had a bad fuel line leak, needed a tune up and oil change when I bought it used at a flea market for $175.

I changed the oil and spark plug, and had a small engine shop replace tubes in tires, new bosch plug, and adjust carb and replace fuel line and add fuel filter (as it had no filter).

It ran great both of the last 2 times I used it this winter .  I put it back in the garage 2 weeks ago and haven't brought it out till today.. Today we got 1/2 a ft of snow and I tried my best to start it any way I could. Electrically and with the pull start. I then resorted to  reading the adjustment manual. I removed the carb cover, seated both idle and main jet adjusters, and backed both out 1.25 turns. Choke on, partly on, off. Doesn't matter. I spent 2 hrs out there trying to get that sucker to run, but no avail. I removed the spark plug and sanded it clean, tried a tighter gap, a looser gap. Nothing.

Any ideas before I drop it off at the small engine shop?

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42