Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 1130DLE discharge chute rotation mechanism

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
xenorias

Ariens 1130DLE discharge chute rotation mechanism
Original Message   Jan 7, 2009 4:03 pm
Hi everyone! I've been lurking on this forum for a while, and I have not been able to find the answer for the problem I have.

I own a brand new Ariens 1130DLE sno-thro. This model comes equipped with the new fancy lever-operated chute rotation mechanism instead of the traditional crank. After the very first use, the control cable froze, so the discharge chute was locked into place and could not rotate. To temporarily resolve the problem, I removed the cover from the rotation mechanism, and disassembled the small locking lever that locks the chute in place. This allows me to operate the chute, but now it cannot be locked in place, so I have to hold the lever with my right hand while I keep the left hand on the traction clutch lever.

I brought the frozen control cable inside to let it thaw, and after that, I tried to put everything back together. The problem came when I tried to reassemble the small locking lever with its spring. For some reason, I did not notice how the spring was setup to hold the lever properly against the chute mechanism to lock it in place, and I am unable to figure out how to make it work! No matter what I tried, the spring is just not putting enough tension on the lever for it to lock the chute in place, so for sure I'm doing something wrong.

Would someone here be kind enough to take a picture of that locking lever with its spring and post it here? I would really appreciate! This mechanism is found on the Ariens 1130DLE and other recent models from Ariens. All you need to do is to remove the bolt from the top of the plastic cover that protects the mechanism, and you will see the lever I'm talking about. If someone is able to take a picture, make a drawing, anything... I just can't figure it out! Help!

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42