Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere 1130 SE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Clay

John Deere 1130 SE
Original Message   Jan 7, 2009 1:07 pm
I did a search and found a few references to this machine but no answers.  Any one have one of these?  15.5 snow max engine, heated hand grips, 30" wide.  I can't find a listing for auger diameter or impeller diameter.  I called John Deere and the guy that was suppose to be the snow thrower expert didn't know either. 

What is the Easy Steer drive system?  The literature says: 

• Easy SteerŪ drive system giving continuous power to both wheels and auto speed adjustment
  • Is it similar to the Ariens auto differential? 

I've heard that the units are built by B&S which translates to Simplicity.  They do have cast iron gear cases like the Simplicity.  The chute control is different than the simplicity and so is the turning method so they are not exactly the same.  I'm trying to compare the Simplicity L1530E to the JD 1130SE.  Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

Replies: 324 - 333 of 333Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
    Santaclause

Re: John Deere 1130 SE
    Reply #324   Jan 13, 2014 4:20 pm
    Your correct borat you really have to take a look at what you are purchasing and know what you are looking at and make your decision from there, john deere quit marketing snow blowers for a rrason!!!
    Swoods

I love all power equipment from lawn mowers to snow blowers. My favorite pieces of equipment are 2 cycle Lawn Boys.

Reply #325   Jan 15, 2014 2:11 pm
    After following the steps outlines on this post to stop the slipping clutch disc, I can't say how HAPPY I am with this machine.  It is a great snowblower and has a ton of power.  I plan on keeping mine until the day I die.  If you are considering a JD, don't let the negative posts on here sway you.  I am one satisfied customer. I admit, there was a design flaw from the factory, but now that I know how to keep the friction disc dry, it hasn't slipped since the first season I bought it back in '09. 

Basically, if you have a Simplicity or a Snapper snowblower (I've used a Snapper parts manual to order parts for my JD 1130se), this is the exact same machine....nothing wrong with JD except that the plastic belt cover would let melted snow drip on the friction disc, which is an easy fix. 

This message was modified Jan 15, 2014 by Swoods

Sean Woods
    Stainless

Reply #326   Jan 16, 2014 12:25 pm
    This is my 3rd season with the 1330SE. It's actually my first and only snowblower. It's worked well enough for my needs, and is probably a bigger machine than I actually needed. Having said that, I don't think I would want to use this thing in a commercial application. In my opinion, the whole friction disk drive mechanism does not seem very robust, but I guess that type of setup is fairly common in snowblowers.
    Catt

Reply #327   Jan 17, 2014 11:01 am
    I've been using an 1130 (with the sealing modifications) and a 1330.  Both have been working great for me so far.  I also wouldn't use them in a commercial application.  Most commercial applications in my area are either a snowplow or a tractor based snowblower.  Then they use a Honda or Toro 20"-21" paddle type for cleanup and sidewalks.  I think my 1130 and 1330 will last many years for the amount I will use them.
    Pedro

Reply #328   Mar 19, 2014 8:38 am
    I have had the 928e since January 2010 and had the problem with the drive slipping but solved it quickly with weather stripping and it runs like a champ...the reason I posted here was that I had a problem back in December '13...was clearing the yard for my 2 small dogs and I lost the bottom oil fill plug without noticing it and subsequently blew the engine...not to worry I had the extended warranty, so I had the machine picked up after I put some used oil back in the machine to cover my stupid mistake...the place that serviced my blower called me about a week later and said that a new engine had been approved and it should be ready to go in about a week or so...after that period of waiting I did not hear from them so I called to find out the engine they put on was defective and had to go through warranty nonsense with Briggs & Stratton so I had to sit patiently and wait it out...snowblower was gone now 3 weeks and we had 2 snow storms here in MA what a pain...so I finally get the call the new engine is in and it runs like a champ and they will be bringing it to me immediately so I took the day off from work to welcome home my sorely missed baby...around 3 pm exactly one month after it was picked up it was home, and the delivery guy starts it up first pull and it runs nice...So i start questioning him about the engine and he stated that it was brand spanking new and it was the exact same as the one that was replaced...this is where is gets really good, I know I had the 13.50  305cc engine and I look at what was put on it was the 16.50 342cc professional series from Briggs...can you say hell yeah!!!  I got a beast of an engine as a replacement...I was lucky my stupid mistake turned out the way it did.
    Swoods

I love all power equipment from lawn mowers to snow blowers. My favorite pieces of equipment are 2 cycle Lawn Boys.

Reply #329   Jan 2, 2015 11:47 pm
    I have the 1130 fueled up and changed the oil with some fresh synthetic. I had to replace the spark plug this year. It had a weak spark that would only fire enough to start the engine when I used the electric starter. Rather than a Champion, I used the equivalent NGK plug. I sure love this machine and can't wait for some deep snow.
    This message was modified Jan 2, 2015 by Swoods

Sean Woods
    aa335

Reply #330   Jan 3, 2015 12:06 am
    Looks like it's going to be a while until Chicago get some real snow.  The plow trucks were busy today putting down salt in preparation for the freezing rain, no real snow accumulation though.
    runkster

Reply #331   Jan 5, 2015 10:07 pm
    The clutch and cover repair kit is available through amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043RTP3O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Replaces Murray parts 1687300SM and 1678452YP
    This message was modified Jan 5, 2015 by runkster
    Swoods

Reply #332   Jan 7, 2015 9:19 pm
    I may have to order that kit that runkster mentioned.  I put that metal plate in the gap behind the belt cover/sheer bolt holder, but I don't have that big, flat, rubber piece.  I'm guessing that fits on the inside top of the transmission housing to prevent water from dripping on to the friction disc? 

Sean Woods
    NorthMaine

Reply #333   Feb 6, 2015 7:23 am
    Swoods wrote:
    I may have to order that kit that runkster mentioned.  I put that metal plate in the gap behind the belt cover/sheer bolt holder, but I don't have that big, flat, rubber piece.  I'm guessing that fits on the inside top of the transmission housing to prevent water from dripping on to the friction disc? 
    The rubber is for that yes. I just bought the machine and though mine came with the engine plate, it doesn't have the rubber piece under the engine mounting plate. Been chasing leaking water for a few weeks now. Thought I had it but found the black push clip thing under the engine leaking still so I just took it right out and siliconed the hole. Hopefully I am done...
    This message was modified Feb 6, 2015 by NorthMaine
    Replies: 324 - 333 of 333Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
    Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
    AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
    Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
    Site by Take 42