Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 926 Pro model not throwing snow very far and getting stuck

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
toolman

Ariens 926 Pro model not throwing snow very far and getting stuck
Original Message   Jan 1, 2009 3:53 pm
I have an Ariens 926 pro model that is 3 years old. One snow storm ago the snowthrower started freezing up and not turning or tossing the snow. I figured it was due to the change over to freezing rain and it was icing up. On this last storm all we received was 8 inches of pure fluff powder type snow and the machine was barely throwing the snow at all and this was with the snowblower being stored in a 55 degree garage the whole time. For the last 3 years the more snow I fed this beast the further it tossed it. Now it is the exact opposite.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Ariens 926dle, Craftsman single stage 5hp, Poulan pro 42" tractor mower
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Re: Ariens 926 Pro model not throwing snow very far and getting stuck
Reply #1   Jan 1, 2009 4:52 pm
If you haven't done so already, I would suggest you check the Attachment/Clutch Brake adjustment and Traction Drive Clutch adjustment as outlined in your manual. This could be your problem if these belt tensions have never been adjusted. It also wouldn't hurt to check to make sure that your shear bolts are intact.
This message was modified Jan 1, 2009 by Jonathan

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
toolman

Re: Ariens 926 Pro model not throwing snow very far and getting stuck
Reply #2   Jan 11, 2009 8:05 am
It ended up being the belt.

Thanks again

Ariens 926dle, Craftsman single stage 5hp, Poulan pro 42" tractor mower
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42