Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 824 Leaky Carburetor

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
einstein

Toro 824 Leaky Carburetor
Original Message   Nov 29, 2008 5:15 pm
I have a 1980 Toro 824 (Mod: 38080 SN: 0003627) snow thrower that I just purchased.  The machine runs and performs remarkably well but it has a leak in the carburetor.  A roundish stream of gasoline seems to come through the side of the carburetor at the arrow point in the pic (sorry about poor quality) below.  I am getting a little to blind to be able to see exactly what is going on.  I can see where the gas is leaking but there appears to be nothing but carburetor body in the area.  The machine runs fine - more or less as the engine tends to run faster going uphill than down.  Any pointers?  Do I need to replace the carburetor or is there a float or something not functioning correctly?

This message was modified Nov 29, 2008 by einstein
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42