Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Big Box vs. Local, Snowthrowers, Ariens/Toro

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Glove

Big Box vs. Local, Snowthrowers, Ariens/Toro
Original Message   Oct 29, 2008 2:55 pm
Ok, does big box really get different machines than local retailers..?
Replies: 6 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
snowblowerguy

Re: Big Box vs. Local, Snowthrowers, Ariens/Toro
Reply #6   Oct 31, 2008 9:55 pm
lets say for example home depot..they sell ariens right? well the local dealers want you to think they are different machines because they dont have the buying power Home depot does, so they will say either they are not the same machine or Home Depot assembles them wrong. But keep in mind HD does not carry the Ariens PRO models.
Harold

Reply #7   Nov 1, 2008 10:39 pm
I think it's awful when a dealer tries telling someone that an Ariens model 123 at a big box is different than the model 123 the small place sells.  And for a small dealer to say that the big box model 123 is inferior to my model 123 is bunk. 

Look up the model number on the manufacturers site.  The parts of the big box model 123 are identical to the dealers 123 model.  There's no differentiation to where the units are purchased.

Bad advice from a small dealer trying to gain ground back which the big box stores are taking.  Losing credibility is a bad thing.  You may provide good service, but don't mislead the consumer to make a sale.
Santaclause

Reply #8   Jan 19, 2009 12:12 am
I will say this I purchased a snowthrower from lowes and I ussually never buy something like that from big box but the price is what got me and I will say this never again I had some issues and just not comfortable with my purchase now just my 2 cents
Replies: 6 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42