Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens snowblower - that motor that moves the shoot - what do you think about this ?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
zippo2008

Ariens snowblower - that motor that moves the shoot - what do you think about this ?
Original Message   Sep 4, 2008 12:54 pm
On many models of snowblowers, I see a cable system that will move the snow shoot lever ( the one that ajusts the height of snow being shot out of the shoot )
however, it seems on the Ariens they use a motor system.

How does this thing work ? and does it work better than a cable system ?

I honestly don't understand how this motor is powered though ?

( I am talking about the long black pole that comes up at the front of the Ariens snowblowrs, and it has a large cap on it ) - I'm assuming this is a motorized system
that somehow adjusts the end of the snow shoot, so you can adjust how high or low you wish the snow to be shot out of the machine.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Snowmann

Re: Ariens snowblower - that motor that moves the shoot - what do you think about this ?
Reply #1   Sep 4, 2008 8:26 pm
zippo2008 wrote:
On many models of snowblowers, I see a cable system that will move the snow shoot lever ( the one that ajusts the height of snow being shot out of the shoot )
however, it seems on the Ariens they use a motor system.

How does this thing work ? and does it work better than a cable system ?

I honestly don't understand how this motor is powered though ?

( I am talking about the long black pole that comes up at the front of the Ariens snowblowrs, and it has a large cap on it ) - I'm assuming this is a motorized system
that somehow adjusts the end of the snow shoot, so you can adjust how high or low you wish the snow to be shot out of the machine.

It's not a motor. It's a gear set. There's still one cable in the mechanism to unlock the detent.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42