Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snowblower pully needed- can't locate?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Geno

51- love God 1st, then OPE

Snowblower pully needed- can't locate?
Original Message   Jan 12, 2005 3:00 pm
Hello all- I just put a newer 8hp Tecumseh on a 'old' blower ( DAYTON with the old water wheel style second auger) simular to the old Bob-Cat blowers. strangely the old 8 hp had a 3 1/2 inch pully with '3/8' size belt and a 3/4 inch bore. the newer 8 hp has a 1 inch shaft and I cant locate any pullys with a 3/8 grove / 1 inch bore combo?  and, I really cant change pully on motor to 1/2 inch belt as the friction drive plate has a 3/8 grouve pully as part of it all in one piece.   my question:  does anyone know a company that sells pullys?     thanks for any help.           p.s used the old 7 hp 1969/70 Ariens for our first major snow 7-8 inches. was quite inpressed. no cover over belts or carb- still worked good. sure like the lock-unlock drive wheels.   once I get this other blower running, will sell Ariens as I'm partial to the 'water wheel' design. won't have room for Ariens as its 32" wide.       Gene
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
jubol

Re: Snowblower pully needed- can't locate?
Reply #1   Jan 12, 2005 3:09 pm
Geno,

If you can not find your pully. Look for a decent machine shop and have them make you one.

Use your old one for a pattern, except for larger shaft opening. Might cost you $50.00, but might be worth it.

Fred

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
bbwb

Less is more...more or less

Reply #2   Jan 12, 2005 9:30 pm
Hi Geno:

I did a google search with the following search heading:

1" bore v groove pulley

and came up with a possible site    http://www.clesco.com/congress/products/Groove_Pulleys.html

The CA 350 appears to have the specs you are looking for.  Another thought if you can't find the right one, have the machine shop modify your existing one for the one inch bore.  I would think that they could drill out the hole larger and weld on a sleeve to reinforce the side wall.

bbwb

bbwb

Reply #3   Jan 12, 2005 10:00 pm
Geno:

I found another one that I think meets your specs

http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/13-5984.html

bbwb

robmints

Reply #4   Jan 12, 2005 10:15 pm
Mcmaster-Carr
Grainger
Motion Industries
Applied Technologies
Transply

Any local belt or transmission supply house.

TB Woods
Browning
Martin

Do you have a picture? Is it aluminum or stee?l
Geno

Reply #5   Jan 13, 2005 3:30 pm
Thanks alot - bbwb, jubol, robomints  for the great info. will give these leads a try. will let you all know how I come out.  all else fails I'll see if it has enough material to bore out.   it is a steel pulley.  no scanner yet to put a pic on..may get one thou.  thanks again...Gene
Geno

Reply #6   Jan 13, 2005 4:00 pm
Question for bbwb- I tried to bring up the web site for cleso.com..keeps saying not responding. wondering if I'm not getting the right letters 'capitalized' ?  would you please re-check for me. I tried a couple ways with no luck.      thanks again for your help as well as the others- you guys make this site what it is ( the best out there)      Gene
robmints

Reply #7   Jan 13, 2005 4:14 pm
bbwb

Reply #8   Jan 13, 2005 9:30 pm
Hi Geno

Just take your cursor and highlight the entire web address.  Once highlit, move cursor over and click on edit at the top of the screen, and click copy.  Then click in the address box, highlight, click edit then paste.  From there just hit enter and it should bring you to the exact page I was on.

bbwb

Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #9   Jan 15, 2005 2:22 pm
Geno, I'm south of ya in Chicago area.  See if ya have a Berry Bearings in your area.  I recall one in Milwaukee.  Anyways they are here in Chicago area, and will find or fab anything..

Geno

Reply #10   Jan 16, 2005 8:49 am
Thanks Bill D ..and everyone else. will see if they can come up with one or fab. will go to Milwaukee if need be. went to a Grainger outlet store, they said their book showed a pulley but with a set screw- no keyway.  their web site says they have one with the keyway.  it's quite cheap so I took the part number off web and am going to order the one the web states is right. If it comes with no keyway..maybe I can have a machine shop put one in?  will also look into that bearing shop you mentioned.  thanks to all.  about ready to throw one of my many snowmobile engines on it with direct drive or centrifical clutch and give it a whirl! but...a little overkill there.  would be interesting thou.      Gene
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42