Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Jacobsen Homelite 826 -- pull cord stuck, electric start doesn't help. Shot?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
aloumeyer

Jacobsen Homelite 826 -- pull cord stuck, electric start doesn't help. Shot?
Original Message   Feb 7, 2007 12:39 am
The official product description for our snow thrower: Jacobsen Homelite Imperial SNO 826 eight HP Heavy Duty Two Stage Snow Blower with Electric Start and 4 forward speeds with reverse. My description: old, orange and until today, started every time.

Picked this up on craigslist this past summer from a retired mechanic who'd taken decent care of it and recently had replaced the electric start. Started and ran fine at that time and has worked fine for three snowfalls. Tried to fire it up today to no avail -- electric start does nothing and the cord is stuck like the engine is ceased. Oil was fairly recently changed prior to purchase and is full -- no leaks detected. Fuel was added about a month ago. One thing I neglected to do this time was close the valve between the fuel tank and carb before parking it. Was running fine when I last shut it down. Could the engine be shot? We've had a good cold snap, so cars are starting slow too -- no clue if the temp would affect this. Thanks much.
Replies: 11 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
jam32

Re: Jacobsen Homelite 826 -- pull cord stuck, electric start doesn't help. Shot?
Reply #11   Mar 3, 2008 10:17 am
Where are you getting parts?  I have a part sheet from 2000 but can not find anyone that sells parts.  Need the roller bearings for the drive gear with the chain going to the wheel shaft.
Replies: 11 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42