Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Blower won't move

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Blower won't move
Original Message   Jan 11, 2005 2:32 pm
Hi gang. With more snow coming down right now, I went out to the shed this morning to do a pre-check on the blower to make sure it's ready to go tomorrow morning when I get home from work. Started ok, and ran ok for a couple minutes. Out of nowhere it just stopped going forward or reverse. Auger is working and drive belt is working. It's not making any funny sounds either. I didn't have time to pull the back cover off to check the chains or drive disk yet. I had to eat and now it's off to get some rest for tonight. It's a circa 1990 JD 726. Here's a pic, with my back up next to it if I don't get it running. It's supposed to be another sloppy mix. Snow now, sleet later then rain all day tomorrow. This stuffs no fun!  LOL
                               Any help or what to look for is appreciated,    Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Replies: 19 - 28 of 28Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vangellis

Re: Blower won't move
Reply #19   Jan 14, 2005 2:37 pm
SnowRemover wrote:
Get a Craftsman - they won't break down on you.

Now I have no proof of any of this, but hey, no one else does either, so my opinion should be GOLD.

Chopper...That be you.   LOL

I picked up some roll pins on the way home from work this morning and will check it out tomorrow after I get home.
Rob, I do ok with the basics, it's just sometimes I don't really know what I'm looking for. Thats why this site is priceless
as "was" WTB. Is it past 3:00PM yet.  LOL The help I get here is great and much appreciated.                                                                                                              Kevin
Oh yeah BTW, that stem is on the inside. It's on the outside on the other tire. Have no idea why. Bought it used.

This message was modified Jan 14, 2005 by Vangellis

Simplicity Conquest
jubol

Reply #20   Jan 14, 2005 3:11 pm
VG,

Can you mount the axel on the other side of the wheel?

That way your both valve stems will be on the outside.

Fred

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
Vangellis

Reply #21   Jan 14, 2005 3:19 pm
Might as well do that too, Fred. That should be an easy one. 

Thanks,   Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #22   Jan 14, 2005 7:30 pm
Vangellis,

It will be a lot easier to check the tire pressure and to inflate after you put the tire the right way on that flange. Probably someone changing the tire some time ago didn't pay attention to which way they bolted it back on.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

robmints

Reply #23   Jan 14, 2005 7:39 pm
On some things I own I keep the valve stems on the inside because I think that makes them less likely to hit on something.
Vangellis

Reply #24   Jan 15, 2005 5:21 am
Actually the valve stems on my Simplicity tractor are all on the inside. Again, thats the way it came. It's really not that hard to get to on the blower. My son's last weekend home from college and we are going out for a family breakfast this morning. Only things I'm doing after that are putting that pin in, cleaning my woodstove pipe, then it's football, football, football.

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #25   Jan 15, 2005 8:08 am
Some other manufacturer's did that and maybe still do.  I know that MTD put the valve stems inside the rim.  I inquired and they told me just what Robmints did.  People were catching the stems on something and doing who knows what with them.   

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Vangellis

Reply #26   Jan 15, 2005 6:18 pm
     Well it turned out to be an easy fix. The old pins came out the the axles easily. I slid the solid left axle and wheel into the hollowed right axle, lined up the holes, tapped the tension spring or "rod" into the hole and done. Even the wife got to help by tipping the blower back  while I was underneath it. Thats trust. LOL.  I even thought I'd take it for a spin and have the wife take a pic to post on here. Couldn't start it. 2 weeks ago in the slush/snow that I was blowing, the recoil starter was acting erratically. sometimes it wouldn't catch. Today, nothing. I have a repair manual for the tech engine and it looks like the "dog spring" is missing. I'll check with the local OPE dealer for a part Monday.
     Honestly though, the other day when the axle and wheel came right out of the blower, I thought this was going to be a major fix and mucho bucks. All it cost was 25 cents for a 3/16 x 1" tension spring or "rod". The best part is, I got more OPE education, thanks to all that replied with suggestions and solutions. It never hurts to get up close and personal with your machines.

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
robmints

Reply #27   Jan 15, 2005 8:46 pm
Good job Kevin.
That was brave, I don't know what came over her. Maybe after she saw you had some skills you might be worth something after all.
Vangellis

Reply #28   Jan 16, 2005 6:37 pm
robmints wrote:
Good job Kevin.
That was brave, I don't know what came over her. Maybe after she saw you had some skills you might be worth something after all.

She's quite a gal. Most unselfish person I ever met. Geez, I was gonna write something funny here, but I'll leave it at that.       
    Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Replies: 19 - 28 of 28Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42