Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Discounted Snowblowers

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
lland

Discounted Snowblowers
Original Message   Jan 11, 2005 11:54 am
I stopped by Home Depot the other day to pick up a 31/64ths drill bit (never one of those around when you need one - I needed a good snug fit for 1/2" dowels) and there was a sign over the snowblowers:  10% off all snowblowers over $999.  I never saw HD discount OPE until after the season and was a little surprised.  They also had the Ariens 8526 for $899.  Maybe it's the unusually warm winter we've been having here in SE PA (the forecast is for 68* on Thursday).  Any other areas see this?

LL

2001 Toro 20023 Personal Pace
2002 John Deere Trimmer/Edger/Blower
2003 Craftsman DYT 4000 - 25HP/48" w/bagger
2003 Toro 826LE Snowblower
2004 Mantis Tiller/Dethatcher/Aerator/Edger
2005 Husqvarna 145BT Backpack Blower
Rubbermaid 10CF Trailer
Craftsman 40" Plug Aerator
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Discounted Snowblowers
Reply #1   Jan 11, 2005 12:02 pm
I prefer people buying from dealers instead of the big box stores but, that's a pretty good deal. Thanks for the heads up!
Emmo

Reply #2   Jan 11, 2005 12:18 pm
I've noticed that some dealers in this area re-stocked after our pre-christmas storm.  Kind of unusual for this area.   Usually after the first big storm inventories are depleted and that's it for the year.  I guess since our storm hit so early this year (probably coupled with the fact that many nearby areas have not had much snow yet) it allowed the dealers to locate additional stock.   Prices have been OK.   The pre-season pricing is gone but I've seen some "reasonable" pricing (ie less than MSRP) at most dealers.
This message was modified Jan 11, 2005 by Emmo
Gilsons

Let it snow, in southern Maine

Reply #3   Jan 11, 2005 6:29 pm
LL

You don't show where you are but if you're in New England and you have a lot of snowblowers you are beginning to worry. Judging by the few major storm stories nation wide this may be true elsewhere.

One you get past the first of the year folks start saying  "I can wait until next year" It usually takes 2 major storms, back to back to scare them into buying. There will be some sales but persistent snow is the best selling tool. I used to be in the business so I've seen and heard it over and over. Go buy a fresh carton of milk, the expiration is almost February! Spring is coming, the days are getting longer, the sun higher and life is good.

HD surely had to make huge buys of these machines and 10% in January while there is still hope beats bigger discounts in the coming months.

Pete

newjerseybt

You want it done right?...You better learn how to do it yourself!

Ariens 1128DLE
Ariens 8526LE
Honda HRC216
Bosch 3221L
Craftsman DYT4000
Stihl FS90R

Reply #4   Jan 11, 2005 7:24 pm
I bought my father an Ariens 8526 a month ago from my local OPE dealer. Paid $999. I don't  feel too bad as I have a place to go for service as I also bought my Ariens commercial machine from them. They will fix the stuff the HD folks bring in but I get I preferential treatment.

I suspect there is a panic in the NorthEast at all OPE dealers.

buttlint

Reply #5   Jan 11, 2005 7:32 pm
We have already had our "first" rush before Christmas, which is a little unusual for the Detroit area at this time of year. All that snow went away and another storm hit causing another rush. That prompted another stock order. That sold out....then we had another little storm...that prompted another order which will be delivered tommorrow...those have already been promised too people that came in last week. (They prepaid or set down deposits.)

It's all weather dependent and a crap shoot.
Service has been strong....I havent been this busy...at this time of year...for a long, long time. Now the forcast calls for mid 50's for the next couple of days. That will melt all the snow again (and people will not pick up thier stuff) but all it will take is another 2"-4" dump, and it will start all over again.

I am not in sales...so I dont know what the distributors have left in inventory....but we havent had that "big storm" yet, that always hits some part of the country. (12"-24") When that happens...inventories get sold out fast. One big dump on the east coast or the midwest and the stuff gets sold quickly.

All and all, it's been a life saver, around here, for the dealers. Summer sales were terrible. These weather conditions have helped a lot us keep in the game. Small dealers can compete on level ground under these conditions. We are a lot more tuned into our local markets than the boxes are. It has really helped us too keep it afloat.
TheKneebiter

Reply #6   Jan 11, 2005 7:42 pm
here in MA. my local HD has at least 50 826le in stock. i think they will be stuck with them.

AZinOH

Those who accept self-deception will perish by it.
Shakespeare said "to thine own self be true".

Reply #7   Jan 11, 2005 8:33 pm
buttlint wrote:
We have already had our "first" rush before Christmas, which is a little unusual for the Detroit area at this time of year. All that snow went away and another storm hit causing another rush. That prompted another stock order. That sold out....then we had another little storm...that prompted another order which will be delivered tommorrow...those have already been promised too people that came in last week. (They prepaid or set down deposits.)

It's all weather dependent and a crap shoot.
Service has been strong....I havent been this busy...at this time of year...for a long, long time. Now the forcast calls for mid 50's for the next couple of days. That will melt all the snow again (and people will not pick up thier stuff) but all it will take is another 2"-4" dump, and it will start all over again.

When April rolls around, I expect to see many ads from folks wanting to unload their "almost new" snow blowers because they didn't really want to make a major purchase. Be sure to check the classifieds then.

AZ 

Snowblower...Toro Power Max 726te 2004

Lawn tractor...AYP w/ 14.5 Briggs-42in 2000

TheBuck101

Shoot them STRIGHT

Reply #8   Jan 12, 2005 6:40 am
I just got a 926 DLE from my dealer for $1,299.00. Delivered to my door. I thought it was a fair price.
This message was modified Jan 12, 2005 by TheBuck101

The Buck

Semi Pro Archer

Hunting

Golfing

X -Inboard Hydroplane Driver

Cajunblu

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Reply #9   Jan 12, 2005 7:13 am
HD in Saugus MA. had the same price last week, and plenty of machines...

Robert

Craftsman 888531 9/28 Easy Steer.

"My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles,
and the letters get in the wrong places"

Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42